Taylanator is RIGHT!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

taylanator

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
I refuse to play you little game, just stop. Did you know read when I said that P4's were actualy faster though? And mhz does not have anything to do with the CPu's internal architecture in my oppinion. And many many other people will agree with me that AMD does have a better chip core and is more advanced, its not a fact, its an opinion, and so is yours, just an opinion, and yours is sounding like you like P4's. Thast great good for you, speend all that extra money, go ahead, but as for me and everyone else that case about getting the best price/performance ratio, I'll stick wil athlon. Now would you please stop replying? thanks

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I refuse to play you little game, just stop.
When did replying to a thread become a game? If you do not want public replies, then do not make public posts.

as for me and everyone else that case about getting the best price/performance ratio, I'll stick wil athlon.
I believe I am getting the better price/performance ratio with an overclocked Pentium 4 Northwood 2GHz. I am getting a better ratio than I would get on a 1.67GHz Athlon XP anyway. The slower processors might offer even better ratios. Do we count them as well? I believe a Duron might offer the best ratio. Are you going to purchase one of those?

Now would you please stop replying?
Sure, as soon as you stop posting.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

taylanator

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Yes but you see then you will get the last word in which is exactly what you want. I'm talking upper range hear come on don't play dumb you know what I mean your just wanting to extend this so you get the last word and you are allways right. I know exactly what your doing. the average user with the average amount of money in mind for a computer would not pay an extra 600 dollars for 20-30 fps more in a game, or any other app. Its extreemly obvious that with the components that were hooked up with the P4 in the test rig acting as a bottleneck for it then the average consumer would have same problem tom had, and that is that the performance wouldn't be worth the extra 600 dollars. Do you understand what I'm trying to say now? and its realy late you wanna just call it a quits?

taylor

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I'm talking upper range hear
If you are talking about upper range, then an overclocked 2GHz Northwood definately wins the price/performance ratio.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

dhlucke

Polypheme
Snore! Now you're just getting off on driving him nuts with your replies aren't you? :)

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

roomy

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
hey man you should start another Taylanator vs Raystonn war... its really fun reading your posts, even though i cant participate in them coz of the timedifference...
you got a good point there about the cost/performance differences intel and amd got....

way to go to all the taylanators out there!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Taylanator, will you please give up. Everyone agrees that the P4 is in the lead right now. You can stop denying it. You're living in a dream world. Do you seriously think you are right and everyone else is wrong? I don't think so. In fact, YOU ARE WRONG. PERIOD! END OF STORY! INTEL WINS! Now run along little AMD troll...

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I'm pretty damn sure that therewerew limitations of memory bandwidth. The FSB hadn't increased by all that much, and he was a only using the DDR platform. I can't see anyone else addresssing this point.

Charlie

Never spit into the wind. Never eat yellow snow.

taylanator

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
what are you talking about, thats what I said in my last post. Can you read? I said that intel is faster right now, I don't understand where your getting that from, My oppinion along with the majority of the people, is that AMD chips are better chips technology wise, but when it comes to brute force intel has it now with their agressive clock speeds. so what? don't go on a name calling rampage without having a clue about what your talking about. YOU give it up.