Question TBW

May 23, 2023
What is the TBW for NVMe____SAMSUNG_MZALQ512F?(Lenovo Legion 5)
I've been looking for an hour now, there is nothing in the documentation, there is nothing on the sites, Samsung Magician does not show, I want to know what TBW my SSD has, for 6 months of use I used 25TB of memory, I recently decided to study After Effects and during editing in the task manager, the disk writes about 400MB, so it became interesting. For 6 months, 25TB is normal or too much? What will happen to my SSD if I write more than 200/300/400/500/600 TB of data, break or work worse? Interesting to know

May 23, 2023
CrystalDiskInfo can probably tell you the current usage.
I was just using it to find out how much I used it 25+- TB, the lifetime sites write around 300 TB or 200 TB I, but I never figured it out, so I was wondering how to find out what my TBW of the SSD is?

USAFRet

Titan
I was just using it to find out how much I used it 25+- TB, the lifetime sites write around 300 TB or 200 TB I, but I never figured it out, so I was wondering how to find out what my TBW of the SSD is?
How much is used, or what is the TBW warranty number?

2 different things.

Currently used TBW, you can get from CrysuaDiskInfo.

The warranty TBW for this particular drive is mostly irrelevant, and would come from Lenovo. They are the entity providing the warranty.
Samsung does not publish the TBW numbers for OEM drives.

But, it is HIGHLY unlikely the drive will "die" from too many writes, no matter what mythical TBW number is there.

Reactions: Kamak
May 23, 2023
That is, in my case it is only time to the end of the warranty, I have now read the stories of many SSD owners say that their 2015 SSD still works, so as I understand it depends more on external factors and careful use. Thanks, don't know how to close the thread, but thank you so much, very helpful!)

USAFRet

Titan
That is, in my case it is only time to the end of the warranty, I have now read the stories of many SSD owners say that their 2015 SSD still works, so as I understand it depends more on external factors and careful use. Thanks, don't know how to close the thread, but thank you so much, very helpful!)
I have 2x Samsung 840 EVO from 2014.
Still working just fine.

And no specific "careful use".

Don't fill it up too much, don't drop it.
Keep good backups in case it DOES die from other reasons.