News TCL Demos 32-inch 4K 240Hz LCD, Teases 75-inch 8K 265Hz MLED TV

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
What is the build quality ?
Sorry, never heard TCL brand before, but I need to upgrade by 32" LG Monitor that only capable 60Hz in 4K.
If the build quality is comparable, it it can really do 240Hz in 4K @ 32", then I'm game.

hannibal

Distinguished
Sorry, never heard TCL brand before, but I need to upgrade by 32" LG Monitor that only capable 60Hz in 4K.
If the build quality is comparable, it it can really do 240Hz in 4K @ 32", then I'm game.
TLC make cheap TV sets. So it does not compete with LG, but TLC are also cheaper than LG in TV-market, so at least it offers competition in the lower end of the price category.
I have not personally owned any TLC TV, but people seems to consider them good bang for the buck. But it has not been competing with high end products in quality.

DougMcC

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
I've been wondering why HDMI consortium has been so slow to build fanfare for 3.0, surely everyone sees that 16k/360 displays are pretty near on the horizon and 2.1 is just not going to do the job for much longer.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
TLC make cheap TV sets. So it does not compete with LG, but TLC are also cheaper than LG in TV-market, so at least it offers competition in the lower end of the price category.
I have not personally owned any TLC TV, but people seems to consider them good bang for the buck. But it has not been competing with high end products in quality.
TCL TVs compete with (and generally outperform) LG's entire non-OLED TV lineup. I've heard some anecdotes about quality control being a concern with TCL, but they do make some good TVs in terms of features and picture quality.

I'm surprised the first poster has never heard of them, they're the 2nd largest TV manufacturer in the world by market share. Their ranking may be a little lower in terms of market share in the west, but I imagine they'd still be at least top 5.

We have a 65 inch TCL 4k smart TV in the living room and it uses roku, and for 400 dollars it is an amazing value proposition. It has 1 small defect in that one of the parts of the backlight that died but only shows up in very bright scenes and is only about a 2 inch area at the very edge of the picture in the middle right.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018

We have a TCL smart TV at the house. To be fair, the build quality isn't as good as the LG we got upstairs, but it'll do in a pinch. Besides, the only time we really care about the build-quality was when we were mounting it to the wall.
Feature-wise, we're quite happy with it even though it has some China-specific apps that we'll never use. But we got it at basement prices so that's cool.

We're not a discerning users though, I mean pretty much any TV will do for us, but we're quite happy with it and I'm sure their higher end models should fare much better.

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
I'm surprised the first poster has never heard of them, they're the 2nd largest TV manufacturer in the world by market share. Their ranking may be a little lower in terms of market share in the west, but I imagine they'd still be at least top 5.

Top 5 market share brand of TV in my country are : Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Samsung, and LG.
Small portion of that market (less than 5%) if divide among few local brand, so yes I haven't heard TCL in my country

But we have amazon, so as long it's available in amazon, I can purchase that