TCP/IP Connectivity problem

David

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I am having the following problem with 2 servers, A and B:
They lose connectivity on and off during the day. I have used 4 computers to ping to them using the -t option to ping constantly and this is what happens: Let's say I am pinging server A, computers 1 and 2 ping successfully while 3 and 4 get time outs, all of this at the same time. The combination can change any way, either computers 1 and 3 ping successfully while 2 and 4 time out, or 1,2,and 3 ping ok, while 4 times out, etc. This is not permanently the same pattern, since I am pinging constantly sometimes the machines that are timing out all of a sudden start to get replies and/or one or more of the computers that are pinging ok, all of a sudden get time outs. There is no specific pattern. When this is happening, if I ping from server A to one of the machines getting replies, I get replies ok, but if I ping to one of the machines getting time outs, I get time outs too. All the other servers are not having these problems. The only similarity between servers A and B is that they face the Internet although I don't think that makes a difference. I hope somebody have an idea as to what is going on here. Thank you.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Change the network cable of the server A and B or swap
with other and see the reply. Better to make new patch
cable.
Thanks,
Prakash