[SOLVED] TDP Clarification

Sep 29, 2020
So, I just wanna know weather the TDP of is the wattage of your cpu on stock or the wattage of your cpu on max "recommended" turbo freq.
Take my X4 860K for example, its rated at 95W TDP, 3.7Ghz stock, 4.2Ghz recommended Boost clock.
So, does it consume 95W @3.7 or 95W @4.2?
And also, I'm not interested in upgrading right now cuz I'm broke Allegedly.

Solution
So, I just wanna know weather the TDP of is the wattage of your cpu on stock or the wattage of your cpu on max "recommended" turbo freq.
Take my X4 860K for example, its rated at 95W TDP, 3.7Ghz stock, 4.2Ghz recommended Boost clock.
TDP is not a measure of electrical consumption but amount of heat energy produced by CPU. It will wary by CPU usage and voltage. Useful mostly to choose a cooler.

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
Problably 95w @ base clock of cpu cuz the 10900 tdp is 95w but its actual power consumption at 5.3ghz is around 250 ish watts if im correct so dont focus on tdp nor use psu calculators, i was once running a p4 631 5.656ghz @ 1.8875vcore and 2.46v pll and that would problably consume close to 200w im assuming and thats only using a single 4 pin cpu connector on a 3$ 500w so dont worry about little things like the cpu power connector pins or tdp because those are just silly things to worry about

TDP is not a measure of electrical consumption but amount of heat energy produced by CPU. It will wary by CPU usage and voltage. Useful mostly to choose a cooler.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution