[SOLVED] TDP for Cooler Master MasterAir MA612 Stealth?

Tito77

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
Hi guys,

So I was looking to upgrade my CPU cooler (i7-8700K non-OC) from Hyper 212 Turbo LED (Red) to MasterAir 612 Stealth.

But I am not able to find any TDP info about this cooler anywhere on the web. Some comment in one of the review videos suggested that its a competitor to the Arctic 34 duo but that too is a bit confusing.

Can anyone tell me about the TDP of this cooler & if it will be okay for i7-8700K running at stock speeds or a minor OC?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Oh ok. I am having a budget of ~130-150$

My main issue is my case, Cooler Master MB500 which has a max CPU cooler height of 160mm. That's the reason I am not able to use the 140mm dual tower coolers :(

What coolers will you suggest btw that can fit the 160mm/ 163mm profile?
Btw, I am kinda afraid of liquid cooling & the AIO leaking & damaging parts!
Incidence of AIO cooler leaking are astronomically low nowadays and most guarantee any parts damaged by eventual leak.
Best air coolers stop being competitive with AIO coolers above 240mm and only best of best (read that as extra large) can compete with 240 AIOs.
Have a look at Arctic cooling Freezer II AIO coolers, even largest one easily fits in that budget and they are best...
Hi guys,

So I was looking to upgrade my CPU cooler (i7-8700K non-OC) from Hyper 212 Turbo LED (Red) to MasterAir 612 Stealth.

But I am not able to find any TDP info about this cooler anywhere on the web. Some comment in one of the review videos suggested that its a competitor to the Arctic 34 duo but that too is a bit confusing.

Can anyone tell me about the TDP of this cooler & if it will be okay for i7-8700K running at stock speeds or a minor OC?

Thanks in advance.
In practice, 120 and 180W respectively for those CM coolers Arctic 34 duo also about 180W but all depend much on case cooling just like any air cooler.

Sorry, I didn't understand properly.

So, the max TDP of the MasterAir 612 Stealth is 120W? And the TDP of the Arctic34 duo is 180W?
No, CM 212 is about 120W, CM 612 and that arctic about 180W.
I wa quite fond of Cooer Master coolers so CM 212 and 612 I had on various CPUs for which I know what heat output they had (all overclocked) so I could judge them by temperatures.
Arctic 34 sport I had on my Ryzen 2700x and it barely did the job with overclock (at 4..3GHz ) which was 180W of heat output. That was equal in temps as with CM 612 so that makes me believe that they are about equal.
PS.
TDP claimed by CPU manufacturers is not something to take too seriously or as real starting point for choosing a cooler because it's mostly for idle or low loads.

Tito77

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
No, CM 212 is about 120W, CM 612 and that arctic about 180W.
I wa quite fond of Cooer Master coolers so CM 212 and 612 I had on various CPUs for which I know what heat output they had (all overclocked) so I could judge them by temperatures.
Arctic 34 sport I had on my Ryzen 2700x and it barely did the job with overclock (at 4..3GHz ) which was 180W of heat output. That was equal in temps as with CM 612 so that makes me believe that they are about equal.
PS.
TDP claimed by CPU manufacturers is not something to take too seriously or as real starting point for choosing a cooler because it's mostly for idle or low loads.
Oh, thank you so much for explaining! :)

Also, which cooler would you suggest for my non-delided 8700K running at stock? Should I go for the CM MA612 Stealth or should I go for an AIO like the 120mm NZXT Kraken M22 ?
I don't plan on overclocking in the near future btw.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
No, a 120mm AIO like the M22 isn't going to cut it at all. Just because it is a 'liquid cooler' does not make it magic.

You're going to need at least a 240mm AIO and that is assuming that you maintain stock speeds. If you are overclocking, easily consider a 280 or 360.

Otherwise, what is your budget? Seems like there are a lot of coolers which could be utilized and not listed here.

Tito77

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
No, a 120mm AIO like the M22 isn't going to cut it at all. Just because it is a 'liquid cooler' does not make it magic.

You're going to need at least a 240mm AIO and that is assuming that you maintain stock speeds. If you are overclocking, easily consider a 280 or 360.

Otherwise, what is your budget? Seems like there are a lot of coolers which could be utilized and not listed here.

My main issue is my case, Cooler Master MB500 which has a max CPU cooler height of 160mm. That's the reason I am not able to use the 140mm dual tower coolers :(

Incidence of AIO cooler leaking are astronomically low nowadays and most guarantee any parts damaged by eventual leak.
Best air coolers stop being competitive with AIO coolers above 240mm and only best of best (read that as extra large) can compete with 240 AIOs.
Have a look at Arctic cooling Freezer II AIO coolers, even largest one easily fits in that budget and they are best deal nowadays.

Solution