[SOLVED] TDP

Solution
But that info I already have. The question is: which one? I was "studying" five: Kraken Z73, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, Lian Li Galahad 360, and one of the Corsair coolers - H115i or H150i
Did you look up reviews for any of them? If so, did you see which ones performed better on average than the other? Which ones seemed to be easier to install/work with than others? Which one has software control that you're fine with? Which company appears to have better support if someone had a problem?

If you care only about performance, just roll the dice. They will work within a few degrees Celsius of each other.

Lutfij

Titan
What AIO are you working with or looking to invest in? What processor are you looking to pair said AIO with? There are many factors that need to be considered prior to just slapping a TDP to an AIO. You will need to factor in ambient air temps, the type of fans used, the CFM and the static pressure, not to mention the fin density of said AIO's radiator. In the past there has been false advertising and a lot of backlash from the community when AIO's or air coolers were mislabeled to handle more wattage than it was designed for.

Reactions: Phaaze88

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
What AIO are you working with or looking to invest in? What processor are you looking to pair said AIO with? There are many factors that need to be considered prior to just slapping a TDP to an AIO. You will need to factor in ambient air temps, the type of fans used, the CFM and the static pressure, not to mention the fin density of said AIO's radiator. In the past there has been false advertising and a lot of backlash from the community when AIO's or air coolers were mislabeled to handle more wattage than it was designed for.

I see...
i9-10900K or 5900X >>> I still need to decide, but I want to decide having all data, not just the processor. The processor can be cheap but maybe I need more expensive components for other things and the opposite is also true.
The coolers I have seen until now that got my attention: kraken Z73, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, Lian Li Galahad 360, one of the Corsair coolers like H115i or H150i. All of them are 360 due to future OC.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I see...
i9-10900K or 5900X >>> I still need to decide, but I want to decide having all data, not just the processor. The processor can be cheap but maybe I need more expensive components for other things and the opposite is also true.
The coolers I have seen until now that got my attention: kraken Z73, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, Lian Li Galahad 360, one of the Corsair coolers like H115i or H150i. All of them are 360 due to future OC.
https://storage.googleapis.com/stat...Cooler/Arctic_Liquid_Freezer_II_360/spec1.jpg

You can figure the rest are about the same 30 watts would be fairly safe for the pump and fans if your trying to get exact look for profesional reviews for each one but the should a fairly close and not much of a factor a few watts either way.

Edit I think the link above should of had A not W.

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
So your talking about their cooling ability not power draw.
Again look at perfesional reviews.
You would need more cooling for the Intel and after the boost speed their not a lot of overclocking room on either one of the processors.

I already looked at a lot of reviews but after months of reviews it seems that we can have endless discussions and one can have a computer in the next decade... :(

That's why I prefer more concrete and simple answers for now, concerning that overclocking / low temperatures is the most important thing. Noise is secondary.

The problem is the TDP rating between AMD and Intel aren't measured the same way so saying "95W" may be fine on an AMD processor, but not an Intel one. Even some air coolers aren't advertised with a TDP rating anymore and instead tell you to go to the website to see what the cooler is good for.

If you want something quick and dirty: Only consider 240mm AIOs unless you're running a i3/Ryzen 3 spec CPU. If you're getting a Threadripper or LGA 2066 CPU, then 360mm.

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
The problem is the TDP rating between AMD and Intel aren't measured the same way so saying "95W" may be fine on an AMD processor, but not an Intel one. Even some air coolers aren't advertised with a TDP rating anymore and instead tell you to go to the website to see what the cooler is good for.

If you want something quick and dirty: Only consider 240mm AIOs unless you're running a i3/Ryzen 3 spec CPU. If you're getting a Threadripper or LGA 2066 CPU, then 360mm.

I said above: i9-10900K or 5900X

But that info I already have. The question is: which one? I was "studying" five: Kraken Z73, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, Lian Li Galahad 360, and one of the Corsair coolers - H115i or H150i
Did you look up reviews for any of them? If so, did you see which ones performed better on average than the other? Which ones seemed to be easier to install/work with than others? Which one has software control that you're fine with? Which company appears to have better support if someone had a problem?

If you care only about performance, just roll the dice. They will work within a few degrees Celsius of each other.

Solution

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021

I see. Lots of information. Well, like I already said, if I go to extreme details I will need more 6 months to find the right components :|
I have read and seen a lot of information during these months. I can look again.

TRENDING THREADS