green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Yeah I know I deserve what I get for even allowing liquid being near my machine...

So some tea was spilled on my computer while it was running , I shut it off immidiately and started cleaning components.
The computer is working now ( but the hdd feels quite a lot slower than before ) boot up takes longer time etc
I heard that even though you might have cleaned it corrosion and stuff can actually kill it few days after even though it was working.

Do you have any tips? ( besides not allowing liquid near the pc... )

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
I've seen this happen in my work as a tech. Did you notice where the liquid went? If the drive feels slower you might consider running diagnostics such as SeaTools

Mostly on my GPU and HDD , I had some artifacts going on the 1st time I boot up the pc , but I cleaned the gpu really closely and its running properly now , I think the hdd is screwed tho most tea went there. I dont know how to clean the HDD

There wouldn't be a way to 'clean' the part (HDD in this case) in a way that would fix already visible problems. A diagnostic scan may be a formality then. Given the fragility of HDD you might look into replacing it (which in turn means you'd have to re-install Windows and your programs/games and move any personal files over), let alone the fact that performance isn't likely to improve. Another HDD is the cheaper option though the prices on SSD have been improving and that may tempt you.

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
There wouldn't be a way to 'clean' the part (HDD in this case) in a way that would fix already visible problems. A diagnostic scan may be a formality then. Given the fragility of HDD you might look into replacing it (which in turn means you'd have to re-install Windows and your programs/games and move any personal files over), let alone the fact that performance isn't likely to improve. Another HDD is the cheaper option though the prices on SSD have been improving and that may tempt you.

Well HDD is the least of my worries I can easily replace it , I am mostly worrying about GPU corrosion and stuff....Read forums from people that after water damage the pc was running for a week and then instantly stopped working...