Teac DV-W28S-VTF Firmware?

technoid

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Hello, I have been trying to look for any firmware for DV-W28S-VTF, an internal laptop DVD drive/burner. Its current F/W version is M7.B. My laptop is a Toshiba (7 years old) and there is nothing on their website. Teac's website(s) have nothing either. I did find an M7.A on the Burn4Free website, but I know nothing about that site and I also would think that M7.A would be an earlier version than M7.B.

I have also looked for it at the now defunct website, www.rpc1.org , but didn't find anything there either.

Anyone care to help?

technoid

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Hi, because this drive has problems writing with some DVD recordable discs. For example, burning dual layer DVD's is very spotty at best. Most dual layer burns I've done with this drive usually turn into coasters, I've only managed to be successful burning DL a couple times. In most cases with certain drive models, a firmware upgrade can fix the problem. I've read of many cases where people got their drives to work after an update. Sure, part of the problem could be the quality of the recordable disc, but if there is a chance there might be a firmware update for this drive... which so far has been unsuccessful finding one online... I could save money. Otherwise if nothing found, I will just leave it as is, take it out of the drive, and just buy a newer drive.