Team 40051 - Toms Needs U - Folding@Home

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I haven't got points for the last 2 / 3 wu i've completed!

The following is from my log file

[15:15:45] - Ask before connecting: No
[15:15:45] - <b>User ID: 2C8D7099092547F1</b>
[15:15:45] - Machine ID: 1

Does everyone else have that as their ID, or do they have their actual user name?

Where can I find out on my machine what User name im folding for?

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Maybe you accidentally left the name and team id blank when configuring the program?

Heres what mine looks like:
[04:22:25] - Ask before connecting: No
[04:22:25] - Use IE connection settings: Yes
[04:22:25] - User name: jaimegmr (Team 40051)
[04:22:25] - User ID: 2CD4908C4C0A1D5A
[04:22:25] - Machine ID: 1

Youre missing the User name line. In that case I think your points are being added to the anonymous group.

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Hmm... I thought F@H would automatically activate the 3DNow on my Duron 750 CPU but I used the -forceasm flag and now it takes about 2:20-2:30 (hh:mm) for every 25,000 steps instead of 2:35-2:45 that it would take before. I guess I have to force it then.

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Cool, my Athlon XP 2500+ goes through 25,000 steps of Gromacs Project 867 in ~30 minutes :) It took my Duron 750 about 2 hours and 30 minutes to do it. Should be done with this WU in a couple of days. I benchmarked 6092 on the Athlon XP 2500. Same as the other two Athlon XP 2500+ benchmarks on the list that is linked in the first post.

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jaimegmr on 03/28/05 02:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Molar

Distinguished
May 5, 2001
Hey 159!!! Thats great progress. The T-Shirt idea I threw out there to see what you thought. I never thought it would actually catch on! I know no one that does Tshirts but I would like to have Tom's Hardware some where on the shirt (if possible) and the stanford folding project(if possible). Not sure who we ask to get permission from these two groups but we could start there. I image a protein on the back with the the logos and on the front we need some kind of saying like,"some fold laundry others fold proteins to find cures"-something to that effect. If others have an idea then by all means let us know.

Look forward to the talk and continuing our conquest of to the top 100!

Molar

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>Members Changed: +2 Total 105</b> Welcome <b>"The Coin is still turning" and "Kesh-MS"</b>. Welcome gentlemen and thank you for joining our little group. Hope you have fun moving up the ranks and contributing to our worthwhile effort. I wonder who will show up next.. "The shoe is on the other foot". :lol:

<b>Kudos, Individual Milestones</b>: <A HREF="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=40051" target="_new">link</A>. Sorry if I miss any of you

sjonnie__________ 250,000 ... Outstanding
apesoccer _______ 100,000 ... By the time I wake up tomorrow
fishman __________ 20,000 ... A folding shark

<b>Project Rank: 156 (-4)</b> of 37154. We ARE going to make the top 100 teams in the world just stick together.

Big jump since yesterday. Wonder if it will be our last. We're starting to get into rough territory. Getting harder to see progress in moving up the ranks. Best way to see how we're doing is to look at our point totals.

Not everyday that you can say you were part of the top 100 in the world. If you participate in our/your team you'll be able to tell everyone you were. (Kids will get a big kick). We're not in the top 100 yet ... but we will be. And you never know if this will lead to some large medical break throughs.

<b> !!! Go Team Go !!! </b>

"Molar" has suggest T-Shirts. We've had some interest and lots of people like the idea. If any of you have the inclination you might submit a design. Thanks Molar and thank you for helping keep up interest as well as additional input for the idea. Like the idea of molecules and Toms Logo.

We continue to look for even MORE contest/team ideas :).

<b>Some people fold clothes .. some people fold proteins</b> (Molars T-shirt idea) ... what do you think? :smile:

===========================================================
Come join us. We'd like to have you with us. There are over <b>100</b> of us Now and were nowhere near enough, we'd like your company. We're <b>team 40051</b> at <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu" target="_new">http://folding.stanford.edu</A>

The loving are the daring!

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>Members Changed: +1 Total 106</b> Welcome <b>"smashedixnay" </b>. Glad you didn't "nay" the team :lol:

<b>Kudos, Individual Milestones</b>: <A HREF="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=40051" target="_new">link</A>. Sorry if I miss any of you

stefan __________ 50,000 ... Big points
stiffler __________ 20,000 ... Awesome dedication

<b>Project Rank: 153 (-3)</b> of 37191. We ARE going to make the top 100 teams in the world just stick together.

Another big jump but over almost two days.

Not everyday that you can say you were part of the top 100 in the world. If you participate in our/your team you'll be able to tell everyone you were. (Kids will get a big kick). We're not in the top 100 yet ... but we will be. And you never know if this will lead to some large medical breakthroughs.

<b> !!! Go Team Go !!! </b>

"Molar" has suggest T-Shirts. We've had some interest and lots of people like the idea. If any of you have the inclination you might submit a design. Like the idea of molecules and Toms Logo.

We continue to look for even MORE contest/team ideas :).

<b>Some people fold clothes .. some people fold proteins</b> (Molars T-shirt idea) ... Do you have a "saying" we can use? :smile:

===========================================================
Come join us. We'd like to have you with us. There are over <b>100</b> of us Now and were nowhere near enough, we'd like your company. We're <b>team 40051</b> at <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu" target="_new">http://folding.stanford.edu</A>

The loving are the daring!

Molar

Distinguished
May 5, 2001
For those that arent folding START or I'LL pull your teeth and make you horse teeth for a denture!<--- if that is not motivation not much more I can do.

Molar<--- motivational folding coach

Molar

Distinguished
May 5, 2001
I posted on the Folding Forum that we are looking into make Tee Shirts for our team. I asked if we could use some of the designs from the folding. To my suprise, there are teams with their own shirts. Here is one link that was sent to me to view. I had another one but my post was deleted.

See what you think if I get a moment I will try to post some more sites.

Molar<------got to drill and fill

http://teammacosx.homeunix.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl?s=24c7a4644881bcc1a518d2b297203fe9;act=ST;f=1;t=1730;hl=shirt

Those are some pretty cool designs! We'd definitely have to fit Hardware in there somewhere.... :smile:

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Whatever you guys decide, souvenir distribution must not be limited within USA and Canada.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hey Molar, here's a compeltely off topic question that I've always wanted to ask a dentist. Is there a medical reason why you can't transplant a dead guy's teeth into a live person who's tired of dentures? I mean, sure, there are moral issues and it'd probably disgust most people, but medically, could it be done?

<pre> :eek: <font color=purple>Yes I'm insane, but it's a <font color=blue><i>good</i></font color=blue> kind of <font color=red>crazy</font color=red>. :eek: </font color=purple></pre><p>@ 184K -> 200,000 miles or bust!

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Neds right...i hate to admit it...

Current machines running F@H:
AMD: [64 3500+][64 3000+][2500+][2000+][1.3x1][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time

iluvstarsatnight

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2004
I feel stupid posting on this name because I can't remember my information for Smashed Ixnay. I made this one at my girlfriends quickly and well, I'm still using it, but oh well. Anyways, I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, so am I doing good?