team elite 8gb ddr4 2133, can it be overclock to 3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvesasidillo

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Good day everyone i would want to get the most out of my ram since buying another stick is kinda expensive nowadays. I've been reading on the internet from quite some time now and i had saw threads about a 2133mhz ram being overclocked above 3200mhz (kingston hyperx was the brand of that said ram).

Im kinda new and is still unsure of what i've read so im kinda in need of some help. I had a team elite 8gb ddr4 2133 single stick as of now and i was looking if i could also increase its frequency upt to 3200mhz? Could failure in overclocking cause my ram to burn? does not being able to boot in windows means i can't overclock into the previous set frequency? and how would i know about the voltage needed in certain frequencies(ie voltage needed for 2400mhz, voltage needed for 3200mhz etc)

This is my current hardware:
Mobo: MSI mortar b350m
ram:team elite 8gb ddr4 2133
Capture1.png
Capture2.png

edit: fixed the screenshots

Solution
No, soon as you hit 2400 or above you'll need 1.35v minimum

I'd never personally buy 2133 with the intent to try & pull a big overclock.

2133 is the lowest speed tier for ddr4 & when manufacturers brand it at that speed,it generally because it's failed higher speed testing at reasonable,latency or voltage.

Of course you could luck out (although it's unlikely) & I have no doubt that you'll manage 2400 minimum with some tinkering but I would not set your expectations too high.
If that ram were capable of running 2666mhz at 1.35v it wouldn't be branded as 2133.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You can try to OC your memory, but not much will be gained, to be honest. In my opinion, rock solid stability is better than a few fps gained in a game or benchmark run.

Increase in small steps, testing for stability as you go long. Stop when the system becomes unstable.

In most cases, the system will just fail at boot if you go too far. Long term risk is minimal as long as you don't go crazy and try for way too much.

No, soon as you hit 2400 or above you'll need 1.35v minimum

I'd never personally buy 2133 with the intent to try & pull a big overclock.

2133 is the lowest speed tier for ddr4 & when manufacturers brand it at that speed,it generally because it's failed higher speed testing at reasonable,latency or voltage.

Of course you could luck out (although it's unlikely) & I have no doubt that you'll manage 2400 minimum with some tinkering but I would not set your expectations too high.
If that ram were capable of running 2666mhz at 1.35v it wouldn't be branded as 2133.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.