Team Group Dark ROG 16GB DDR4-3000 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the review. Given the decent scaling we've seen from Ryzen CPUs with faster RAM, and Ryzen's somewhat unpredictable relationship with fast RAM kits, would Tom's HW consider a bit of Ryzen RAM Round Up? Throw a bunch of different RAM kits into a couple of Ryzen CPU + Mobo combinations to see how far you can get them while maintaining stability?

I think plenty of people are on the lookout for reasonably priced kits which might get to 2933/3200Mhz (or even higher?) and a round up of a few kits you have on hand could be interesting and really helpful.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
TBH I don't even have any Ryzen hardware. The "Ryzen board" guy is considering doing an article, but he's backlogged with more board reviews. You'd be looking at another Ryzen deep-dive rather than a regular memory review, since I actually need Kaby Lake to get some of the faster memory sets up to full speed.

winwiz

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I understand you need Kaby Lake to test the fast memory at full speed, but a Ryzen memory comparison would be so much more interesting
So please donate your Kaby Lake system to a second hand shop and get a Ryzen setup :)

bluzbrother

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
I only half believe the excuses for DDR4 prices spiking, and supposedly will be on the ryze throughout 2017 into next year. I think Ryzen, especially the 5 series, is a big part of the prices shooting up. In this moment, I really don't see the value of these tests being done on an Intel platform... not to say there aren't people buying Intel, it's just that Ryzen is the more finicky platform right now, and people want the best for their money. (I definitely was not interested in paying $150+ for 16GB of RAM). I was very curious about this RAM, since it is one of the more reasonably priced brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS