Team Group Delta Tuf Gaming RGB DDR4-3200: a Good Value, for Asus Boards

Jan 14, 2019
How are the asus motherboards optimized? I didn't know that was a thing. Do other RAM kit / motherboard combos have similar optimizations / deficiencies?

Jan 14, 2019
How are the asus motherboards optimized? I didn't know that was a thing-- Do other RAM kit / motherboard combos have optimizations / deficiencies?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I spent many hours attempting to figure that out through manual timing adjustments and came up with nothing. Asus wants us to think it's a secret sauce. Team Group wants us to think that it's someone else's problem (everybody but Asus is the problem), but can't tell us what the problem is.

Since the only other memory kit to behave in this manner was Gigabyte's, I can only guess that Team Group developed Gigabyte's Aorus Memory kit. And that's bad news for Gigabyte, because its own memory runs slower on its own board. And it's bad for Aorus Memory buyers, since the RGB is only supposed to be controllable by Gigabyte's RGB Fusion.

After spending two weeks trying to locate and solve the performance problem and coming up empty handed, I left it in the hands of Teamgroup and MSI to resolve. That Gigabyte hasn't fixed its own Motherboard/DRAM optimization issue has left me with little hope that my two weeks of effort will lead to any independent resolutions.

Edit: That two weeks of troubleshooting was spent on the previous Teamgroup sample. For today's review, I simply spent a few extra days gathering additional data to prove that Teamgroup was the problem, Asus was the only easy solution, and that the marketing partnership was a perfect opportunity for Teamgroup to dodge the issue.