Review Team Group T-Force Xtreem ARGB DDR4-3600 CL14 2x8GB Review: The Ultimate Ryzen Kit

Giroro

Splendid
Could you take a decent IRL picture of it in good lighting? This dark silhouette black-on-black iPhone-teaser style photography (press renders?) isn't very helpful in terms of figuring out the actual shape/color

Makaveli

Splendid
"The T-Force Xtreem ARGB memory kit comes as two 8GB single-rank memory modules. They feature a 10-layer PCB and Samsung K4A8G085WB-BCPB integrated circuits (ICs) that are popularly referred to as B-die. "

The Thiaphoon burner screenshot listed in the review shows 8 layers?

Sep 23, 2020
The Thiaphoon burner screenshot listed in the review shows 8 layers?

Manufacturers don't update the SPD since it would actually need someone employed to change the 8 from a 10 and since it gives no difference to the product it's not done. This is definitely 10 layer but I have heard TeamGroup is making these in both A2 and A1. Another review thread on hwbot mentioned this.

Reactions: Makaveli

danko12321

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015
Hi guys
Can anyone help explain what this kits capacity/channel mode is?
Basically I want to know if I can buy 2 of the 8GBx2 kits for a total 32GB (4x8GB) and have it still be the performer for gaming that it's hailed as being.
I haven't been able to find info on whether it fully supports quad channel and that 4x8GB config?
If it's only duel channel, is the ram so good anyway that putting 4 sticks on a good motherboard is going to be plenty for gaming anyway?
Explanation with some technical detail would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys
Can anyone help explain what this kits capacity/channel mode is?
Basically I want to know if I can buy 2 of the 8GBx2 kits for a total 32GB (4x8GB) and have it still be the performer for gaming that it's hailed as being.
I haven't been able to find info on whether it fully supports quad channel and that 4x8GB config?
If it's only duel channel, is the ram so good anyway that putting 4 sticks on a good motherboard is going to be plenty for gaming anyway?
Explanation with some technical detail would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Capacity is 16GB (2X8GB)

Channel mode is not dictated by the memory. This is something the cpu and motherboard states. If you have a platform that supports quad channel and you had 4 sticks you would get quad channel. If you have a dual channel motherboard and put in 4 sticks you still get dual channel performance.

3600C14 with 4 sticks for 32GB is asking alot for any motherboard and cpu memory controller. If you really need 32GB your best bet is to go for 2x16GB kit with slightly looser timings such as 3600C16. There aren't really any 32GB C14 kits due to this.