Question Team Viewer

Jun 12, 2020
If I transfer a 600mb video to a mobile from my laptop by using teamviewer software, will i lost 600mb of my internet data ?... I searched the net, but it is still confusing me. Could anyone help ??

Solution
D
Short answer: yes, actually it's a bit more.

Long answer: If you are using teamviewer, you are establishing a remote connection to another machine. That alone requires data transfer. When you transfer a file, you are basically downloading a file from a server, so if the file it's 600MB you are downloading 600MB worth of data, PLUS the data for the connection that is making you "see" the monitor of the other machine, which is basically a video stream.

To avoid the video stream, store your data as files on a cloud or FTP server.
To avoid any use of data, that can be the case when transfering files on the same network (LAN), provided you are connected over LAN rather than accessing the machine through outside and then back onto the LAN.
D

Deleted member 1272431

Long answer: If you are using teamviewer, you are establishing a remote connection to another machine. That alone requires data transfer. When you transfer a file, you are basically downloading a file from a server, so if the file it's 600MB you are downloading 600MB worth of data, PLUS the data for the connection that is making you "see" the monitor of the other machine, which is basically a video stream.

To avoid any use of data, that can be the case when transfering files on the same network (LAN), provided you are connected over LAN rather than accessing the machine through outside and then back onto the LAN.

Reactions: Jovial_D
Solution
Jun 12, 2020

Thank you so much sir.😊... Now i understand clearly.

TRENDING THREADS