News TeamGroup Announces SSD with Dedicated AIO Liquid Cooling

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
interesting SSD, but if you're after sustained performance, I'd rather invest in an Intel Optane drives. Plus didn't Corsair make some SSD waterblocks already? I know this is an actual AiO but this is totally overkill.

Aug 15, 2021
I love this trend to everything coming with its own inbuilt AIO. The top GPUs are doing it and performing well. Let’s do everything! I’m dreaming of my rig using AIOs for CPU, GPU, SSD - let’s do the RAM too!

D

Deleted member 1353997

I know this is an actual AiO but this is totally overkill.
Well, modern M.2 SSDs do get pretty hot, which is starting to affect their sustained performance. And since the GPU is usually directly above, it's easier to cool the SSD with water cooling than with air when your mainboard doesn't have "M.2 heat shields". Also, not everyone feels confident building their own custom loop, so an AiO solution does make sense.

I do agree it's overkill, though.

I love this trend to everything coming with its own inbuilt AIO. The top GPUs are doing it and performing well. Let’s do everything! I’m dreaming of my rig using AIOs for CPU, GPU, SSD - let’s do the RAM too!
We can dunk our hardware in some electrically inert fluid. It's too bad that some patent troll has an overreaching patent on the idea and refuses to do anything but sue the pants out of anyone who tries it without paying them monies.