Teaming problem in ethernet switches for window 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If you are talking etherchannel, you need compliant hardware. NIC teaming or bonding (unix), in windows is more driver related than windows related. You basicly need capable hardware, depending on the NIC and Switch side. If you just want to do a failover, any switch will do.

Can you provide the switch and NIC in question ?

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
If you are talking etherchannel, you need compliant hardware. NIC teaming or bonding (unix), in windows is more driver related than windows related. You basicly need capable hardware, depending on the NIC and Switch side. If you just want to do a failover, any switch will do.

Can you provide the switch and NIC in question ?

Solution

kkpathak76

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

We are using ORING make Ethernet switch model no RGS-7244GP-E_US
and
Integrated Realtek RTL8111DL Gigabit Ethernet controller
Add. Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Card
Hope this will help answering my querry.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

As far as i could see those cards aren't compatible with Teaming. The cheapest card that i know that you can team up is Intel EXPI9301CT or EXPI9301CTBLK in bulk version. Apparently your switch supports teaming 802.3ad ( Adaptive or Simetric ). It has a CLI and WEB interfaces but be careful. Network vendor usually say that their gear does a lot of stuff, but most times doesn't work or it is plain proprietary. On those cards the Teaming is driver mounted. Just install the driver, configure the teaming and you are good to go.

Fail over configurations don't need any type of switch. Remember, assembling a NIC Teaming, depending of the type that you want you are juggling with the fabric of L3/L2 mechanics. I mean, in your case, if there is a problem, just blame the switch, or recheck the configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.