[SOLVED] Teamviewer Wake on LAN over phone

Jan 3, 2019
Hi there

I'm currently studying at university in the UK and my Rig is kept in my room at the university over holidays where I don't have access to it . My question is can I use an app like teamviewer to send a wake on LAN signal from my phone to my Rig which is connected to the university internet through Ethernet? And if so how would I go about doing such a thing?

Thanks in advance for the help .

Solution
It will not work because you have no ability to port forward in the university routers. Even if you did there is no such thing as Wake on WAN and you have to do all kinds of strange hacks to get a router to really work.

You are likely better off just leaving in a low power mode. There is not a huge difference in the power usage.
It will not work because you have no ability to port forward in the university routers. Even if you did there is no such thing as Wake on WAN and you have to do all kinds of strange hacks to get a router to really work.

You are likely better off just leaving in a low power mode. There is not a huge difference in the power usage.

Solution