[SOLVED] Tearing between different AMD and NVidia graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hd_scania

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
How important is the RTX module on an NVidia's gaming GeForce? Any Radeon replacements if instead of RTX, my graphics card is Radeon Pro or RX?
And what RTX offers which is an absence in GTX and MX GeForces? And how dark-unicorn are the Radeons on gaming with Ryzen 7 5800U/5700U cores?

Solution
The main selling points of RTX, besides being Nvidia's standard midrange to high-end offering these days, are raytracing capability and DLSS, for a selection of games.

Certain newest AMD GPUs also supported raytracing, as well as FSR, which is another kind of superscaling similar in effect to DLSS, and is not limited to AMD.

But trust me, you don't want to game on a ultrathin notebook with its cooling capability limited enough to warrant a low-power processor. Even the same graphics processor can have vastly different maximum power between different platforms, with correspondingly drastic effect on performance.

And what, pray, is a dark unicorn, anyway?:LOL:

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
The main selling points of RTX, besides being Nvidia's standard midrange to high-end offering these days, are raytracing capability and DLSS, for a selection of games.

Certain newest AMD GPUs also supported raytracing, as well as FSR, which is another kind of superscaling similar in effect to DLSS, and is not limited to AMD.

But trust me, you don't want to game on a ultrathin notebook with its cooling capability limited enough to warrant a low-power processor. Even the same graphics processor can have vastly different maximum power between different platforms, with correspondingly drastic effect on performance.

And what, pray, is a dark unicorn, anyway?:LOL:

Reactions: MMorris666
Solution
How important is the RTX module on an NVidia's gaming GeForce? Any Radeon replacements if instead of RTX, my graphics card is Radeon Pro or RX?
And what RTX offers which is an absence in GTX and MX GeForces? And how dark-unicorn are the Radeons on gaming with Ryzen 7 5800U/5700U cores?
It sounds like you're talking laptops. The GPUs in laptops are a completely different animal than their desktop counterparts.
As @JWNoctis says, NVIDIA's RTX line of cards offers advanced ray tracing and DLSS. NVIDIA cards also have more/better streaming capabilities.

The one ace up AMD's sleeve is that their top cards have 16GBs of memory. The 10GBs on the RTX 3080 is okay for today's games but we're already seeing some games use 9.5GBs+ at max settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.