Teaser Video: This is the Water-Cooled Radeon R9 295X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have a decent warranty on it, much like Corsair has on their Hydro series. If a Corsair Hydro leaks and fries your components, they will replace the parts damaged by it.

Here is hoping they price it decently.

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I'm all for water-cooled gpu, it's just so easy to cool when you throw water at it, but PLEASE, can we get rid of that useless second DVI port and make them single slot friendly?
For someone with custom watercooling, it's annoying to lose a pci-e slot just because of a useless dvi port.

infidels66

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
It's great that it's liquid cooled, they probably had no choice. AMD has done a great job in the past 6 months.... Nvidia has too! Great time for PC gamers.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
"It's great that it's liquid cooled, they probably had no choice. AMD has done a great job in the past 6 months.... Nvidia has too! Great time for PC gamers." Now we just need to wait for the developers' turn

anthony8989

Distinguished
Lol the budget for that ad was the sum of those handcuffs. They are terrible at making advertisements.

That card is going to be powerful though. I wonder if a dual GK110 card will be able to match it with air cooling.

m4ximel4rouche

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Guess that if amd wouldnt had bought ATI they would be in the red zone today lol I really like amd gpu side but they need better cpus because intel is making fun of us right now. Sorry for my bad english

m4ximel4rouche

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Guess that if amd wouldnt had bought ATI they would be in the red zone today lol I really like amd gpu side but they need better cpus because intel is making fun of us right now. Sorry for my bad english

m4ximel4rouche

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010

f-14

Distinguished
a number of unanswered questions, among which are clock speeds and power consumption

you didn't just say people worried about power consumption for the top of the line card which will cost more than your first car did you? that's like worrying about the gas mileage of a public armored hummer that's gold plated. i bet you worry about the power consumption of your first cray super computer also......<eye roll>
here's a tip buy one of those $40 solar chargers and ******rig it with a wall adapter and plug it into your outlet if you're worried about power consumption.

mordorrson

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

AMD has 8-core CPUs that have much higher clock speeds than Intel's i7 cores. I'd say they've got the CPU area pretty much covered.

anthony8989

Distinguished
Unfortunately cores and clock speeds don't determine which cpu is best. Intel has been competing only with itself in the high end market the last couple of years. And no body benefits from that fact.

Victor Marconi

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
AMD CPUs are ok. There isn't any task that can't be done efficiently with an FX-8320, for example. It's not a shame to be a little behind a great company like Intel.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
If only they put this much effort into their CPUs though...

I've always supported AMD, I don't hate them at all. But there comes a time when you have to put your foot down, when the one you support refuses to get their act straight. You can't put enough emphasis on making sure your main customer base is satisfied with your efforts in making a quality product. I really do like their efforts with their cards, because it shows they're trying their best to compete. But their act with their CPUs is inexcusable.

Useless DVI port? Um, even if this is a top-shelf card, DVI is still the most common monitor connection jack right now.

If the cooler is thicker than a single slot, then it doesn't matter whether the I/O bracket is single- or double-slot. You'll still lose that PCI slot. I suppose if you put a full custom waterblock on this entire card you could keep it single slot. I'm not sure there's really a market for a single-slot 295X2. Run this in a mATX board and you've two other slots to use. The only place a truly single-slot 295X2 would be necessary is in an ITX build, though fitting the radiator in such a small enclosure could be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.