Question Tech Challenge...

dnormtech

Honorable
May 18, 2014
Looking for ways for people at different locations to play card games. Needs internet based program to link players and handle deck of cards.
Like Pogo, AOL, Yahoo games, back in the day...

Any response most welcome...

regards...

David

dnormtech

Honorable
May 18, 2014
For instance, back in the late 90's you could dial in to Pogo, AOL, or Yahoo games, and play a game of spades with real people playing their hands. The game site dealt cards to real people, though anonymous, from thousands of people playing online at any given time. My sister and her friend would find each other and play as partners, talking on the phone with each other as they played.
it looks like now, you end up either playing against a program, or against bots.
Would like to create a game room, using discord, slack, zoom, so we can 'chat' with our friends as we play a game of spades. Again, the trick is the program which will deal the cards, and handle the mechanics of the game...

anyone?

dnormtech

Honorable
May 18, 2014
The software programs must be around somewhere? I dont know if they were flash or java applets... remember when the AOL disks were everywhere? (floppys and then CD's) free, in the mail, every... day...

dnormtech

Honorable
May 18, 2014
Thx, but I dont know if Steam has what is needed. I want to use tele-conferencing to enable chat for four players at remote locations. Another program would have to shuffle and deal the cards to each player, take care of mechanics as players play their hands...