Question Tech deals on youtube says 3600 won't be worth is because mobo is too expensive. recommends 3700x. is he right?

David_24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2015
He kind of ruined my buying experience when he said that. I'm definately going for ryzen 3k but should I get the 3600 or spend more and get the 3700x. He says since the next gen consoles are 8 core we should all buy the 1700x. will they be multi threaded? Dissapointing that theres no 1700 for a lower price.

My original plan is to get the 3600 and go all out on the mobo. Then upgrade in a couple years and sell the 3600 by itself if games are more cpu limited.
When the cpus come out will the mor expensive vrms be worth it on mobos? Who cares if it runs hot when you oc most cpus dont die anyway.

Ill take what you say with some salt I know this stuffs not out yet.

Honestly, I really love Tech deals BUT I am gonna have to disagree esp. because they aren't out yet and you can get x470 or B450 MOBO's download compatibility update for zen 2 (be sure it IS compatible) boom congrats you now have a compatible CPU and MOBO I am personally going for the 3600X (If my budget fails me) 3800X (if my budget doesn't fail me) or may get a 3900X (if my budget increases by 100 dollars)

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 rig now and If the performance difference is worth it (which if rumors are true it will be), I will most likely upgrade to a 3600 sometime next year.
So for me it will most likely be worth it.

PS
I just tried to watch the Ryzen 3000 video by Tech Deals and it was like torture. All they did was goof around and then read reviews from sites like this one. They sounded like idiots and since I can actually read, I really don't want to sit and watch them stutter threw reading the same reviews that I have already read myself.

Last edited:
Well, if PCIe 4 forces the 570X mobos to be stupid expensive, the lower end of the Ry3K series won't make sense to pair with them, but I'm 100% sure "feature" motherboards with PCIe3 (400 series) are still going to be manufactured and offered alongside the 570X motherboards.

Cheers!