*Tech* Fish Tales flipper flutter UPDATE

1) Is this symptom called flipper flutter, or is that something
different? As in, the flipper continuously fires off, not just twice.

Symptom:

When holding the left flipper button the left flipper quickly fires off
twice in a row and doesn't remain energized (in the up position)

What I've done so far:

Swapped opto board from the right to the left side. Problem persists

Swapped coils from each side, cleaned lugs, verified coil windings were
not broken (resistence test with DMM) . Problem persists

Replaced Fliptronics II board transistor Q9 (TIP102) with a TIP120
(until I can get a TIP102). Problem persists

Thoroughly looked over the Fliptronics II board for cold solder joints,
breakages, anything. The board looks brand new and I found nothing.
problem persists

Continuity check from flipper coil wires to fliptronics II board.
Checked OK. Problem persists

Replaced 2 fuses with the correct 3A 250V on Fliptronics II board. (Was
4a 250 in there before, didn't notice until today, but it worked fine
with the wrong fuses in there previously) Problem persists

What else can I do? I did notice a red LED blinking on the main PCB.
I don't know if that is normal or not, as far as I know it's always
blinking. It's solid red until the game is done with the start up test
cycle.

I did not test each individual trace on the fliptronics II board,
that's my next step I guess. =/

Looking for any other advice! Should I just buy another fliptronics II
board?

Thanks!
-CF

Just a random thought: Could the flipper be in the wrong position or
something?(not the EOS) Could I have it adjusted wrong? It doesn't make
any sense at all to me that this could be a possible cause, but I
thought I'd ask since I'm out of ideas. Also I noticed the flipper was
a little off, so I loosened it, tightened it back up in the proper
position(angle according to the right side flipper) and I think my
imagination started playing tricks on me. It *seemed* like once in a
while it wouldn't do the double flip, then slowly it came back .
Chances are I was releasing the flipper button quickly enough (on the
down swing of the flipper) so it didn't have time to double flip.

This is just aggervating.

TRENDING THREADS