TECH: Foodfight PLS153 / 82S153 to GAL replacement

Hi all,

Just finished figuring out the equations for the Food Fight 82S153
programmable logic and converting it to work with the much easier
to find, and program, GAL16v8. The original part is either an 82S153
or PLS153 at location 10P on the board.

Full docs of equations, ABEL source code and the JEDEC files for
the replacement GAL and the JEDEC file read from the original
82S153 are up at

http://www.jrok.com/hardware/ff_pls153/foodfight_pls153_to_GAL.htm

- James

------------------------------
JrokLand http://www.jrok.com
------------------------------

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

This is super cool and dearly needed by me :) Thanks a million for doing
this James!

/brian

http://www.tutankham.com

"jrok" <jrokweb@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just finished figuring out the equations for the Food Fight 82S153
> programmable logic and converting it to work with the much easier
> to find, and program, GAL16v8. The original part is either an 82S153
> or PLS153 at location 10P on the board.
>
> Full docs of equations, ABEL source code and the JEDEC files for
> the replacement GAL and the JEDEC file read from the original
> 82S153 are up at
>
> http://www.jrok.com/hardware/ff_pls153/foodfight_pls153_to_GAL.htm
>
> - James
>
> ------------------------------
> JrokLand http://www.jrok.com

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Just a bump.. I now have my previously non working Food Fight board working
beautifully with Jrok's new GAL hack (and some great help from Steve Zeuner
too!).

Great work man!

/brian