Tech: Found Good source for Road Blasters yoke bumper stops

I found a good stop: Screw Bumpers. These are ¾" in diamter and just the
right height. From Home Depot. Called Surface Guard, made by Shepherd
Hardware products LLC. Just drill out the center so you can get a dremel bit
in them, then enlarge the hole so you can just get it on, so it's tight. I
used a hex bolt, the head end for the bottom center stop. It was missing.

You don't want these items missing. As mentioned earlier, my wiring harness
got trashed when some punk kid rotated it hard enough to break the spring
tips out of the holes then just kept twisting. A fair mess but it's all back
together now. And of course with no bumper rubber, the metal part of the
stop would get trashed.

--
"Quality is the enemy of production."
Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'

I thought you were having a problem getting the springs out of the steering
wheel or something. What did you figure out?
Rick

"Robert Bullock" <rcbullock@_REMOVE_cox.net> wrote in message
> I found a good stop: Screw Bumpers. These are ¾" in diamter and just the
> right height. From Home Depot. Called Surface Guard, made by Shepherd
> Hardware products LLC. Just drill out the center so you can get a dremel
bit
> in them, then enlarge the hole so you can just get it on, so it's tight. I
> used a hex bolt, the head end for the bottom center stop. It was missing.
>

> You don't want these items missing. As mentioned earlier, my wiring
harness
> got trashed when some punk kid rotated it hard enough to break the spring
> tips out of the holes then just kept twisting. A fair mess but it's all
back
> together now. And of course with no bumper rubber, the metal part of the
> stop would get trashed.
>

> --
> "Quality is the enemy of production."
> Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'
> ** Replies to rcbullock '"AT"" cox.net ** Sorry, I detest spam.

As mentioned before, the wheel had no stop, so you could turn it all around.
So someone twisted it hard enough to pop the springs out of the holes on the
housing, making them tighter and shortening the length of the part that went
into that hole. Since I found it that way, I had to rebend out some of that
last turn to make that end longer, as it wouldn't reach the hole with the
shaft in place. That's what I couldn't figure out, if I was missing
something, or they weren't supposed to be like that.

Going further, I replaced the stop with a hex bolt (the head becoming the
stop) and used the below for the bumpers.