TECH K4900 scrambled pic

Jim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Just finished up my first cap kit and it was on a K4900. Did everything as
I should have and double checked my work. The only thing I got on the screen
before the cap kit was a single line in the middle of monitor or on side

I did the cap kit and now I have a scrambled pic but it's full screen and
there is color. So I am getting close to repairing this thing. Just stuck
on what to check out now.

Any ideas or can someone point in the right direction?

Thanks for all your help

Jim

Jim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I should also note that I can hear the game and I checked out the board at a
friends house so it's not the board.

Thanks
Jim

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:53:33 -0500, <Jim@GameRoomClassifieds.com>
wrote:

>I should also note that I can hear the game and I checked out the board at a
>friends house so it's not the board.
>
>Thanks
>Jim
>

><Jim@GameRoomClassifieds.com> wrote in message
>> Just finished up my first cap kit and it was on a K4900. Did everything
>> as I should have and double checked my work. The only thing I got on the
>> screen before the cap kit was a single line in the middle of monitor or on
>> side
>>
>> I did the cap kit and now I have a scrambled pic but it's full screen and
>> there is color. So I am getting close to repairing this thing. Just stuck
>> on what to check out now.
>>
>> Any ideas or can someone point in the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks for all your help
>>
>> Jim

Have you tried any of the monitor's adjustments?

Jim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Yup. I tried them all...

Jim

"the haaarpers" <rlharper@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:53:33 -0500, <Jim@GameRoomClassifieds.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I should also note that I can hear the game and I checked out the board at
>>friends house so it's not the board.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Jim
>>

>><Jim@GameRoomClassifieds.com> wrote in message
>>> Just finished up my first cap kit and it was on a K4900. Did everything
>>> as I should have and double checked my work. The only thing I got on the
>>> screen before the cap kit was a single line in the middle of monitor or
>>> on
>>> side
>>>
>>> I did the cap kit and now I have a scrambled pic but it's full screen
>>> and
>>> there is color. So I am getting close to repairing this thing. Just
>>> stuck
>>> on what to check out now.
>>>
>>> Any ideas or can someone point in the right direction?
>>>
>>> Thanks for all your help
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

> Have you tried any of the monitor's adjustments?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

That sounds like a sync adjustment problem. Also, are all of the sync wires
connected?

Mark Hooks
<Jim@GameRoomClassifieds.com> wrote in message
> Just finished up my first cap kit and it was on a K4900. Did everything
> as I should have and double checked my work. The only thing I got on the
> screen before the cap kit was a single line in the middle of monitor or on
> side
>
> I did the cap kit and now I have a scrambled pic but it's full screen and
> there is color. So I am getting close to repairing this thing. Just stuck
> on what to check out now.
>
> Any ideas or can someone point in the right direction?
>
> Thanks for all your help
>
> Jim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Try this
http://slot-tech-ftp.serveftp.com:8080/technical_department/monitors/flowcharts/4900flow.jpg
Good luck
Rick