TECH: Monitor chasis suitable for any tube?

I have a Neotec 2515c chassis I just can't get working. I may have it
repaired professionally but I was curious as to whether or not ANY chassis
for a standard res monitor would work or not.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing...

I have a G07CBO with a busted neck that I was going to swap an old 19" CRT
with. Problem is the tube doesn't have the same pinout for the G07 chassis
neckboard.

I have several 25" CRTs at my disposal...

Can someone tell me if I can use the G07 chassis on a 25" CRT???

- mike

"blindraccoon" <blindraccoon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Neotec 2515c chassis I just can't get working. I may have it
> repaired professionally but I was curious as to whether or not ANY chassis
> for a standard res monitor would work or not.
>
> Thanks

If it's originally for a 19" then it probably won't work with a 25"
tube (different deflection angle or something, someone with more
knowledge can pipe in) As to what chassis will work with what tubes,
you're probably best to stick with the chassis that came with the tube,
or you could do one of the 8-liners chassis, pretty simple swap,
there's info on his site on how to do it (www.8liners.com) If you want
to dig deeper, there's a plethora of information on doing tube swaps
here, just do a google search for it.