TECH: Monitor help - Cap Kits

Bobby

I currently have a dedicated Mortal Kombat machine and the color on the
monitor is not as "crisp" as my newer machines. The color is not horrible,
but compared to my newer machines you can see the red is a little dull and
the white is a little fuzzy. Besides that it is great. No burn in, lines,
or anything of that nature.

My question is this problem something a Cap Kit would fix? If so, then how
difficult are they to install and where can you get them? If a cap kit is
not recommended, then what else are my options?

I appreciate any help you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Bob

A cap kit can help colors, and are not to difficult to do if you are decent
at soldiering. If it is your first one, expect to take an hour or so to do
it. You will need to learn how to discharge a monitor first though. Not a
difficult thing, and takes about 10 seconds, but must be done correctly and
safely. A Google search should bring up a simple lesson on discharging.

The first thing , if you havent done it already is take the glass off the
front and clean your monitor screen. That will sharpen your colors, and
remove slight blurriness if your screen is dirty.

We have cap kits available, but you will need to know what kind of monitor
you have in your machine.

Mike,
www.CentsibleAmusements.com

"Bobby" <BJoseph522@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I currently have a dedicated Mortal Kombat machine and the color on the
> monitor is not as "crisp" as my newer machines. The color is not
horrible,
> but compared to my newer machines you can see the red is a little dull and
> the white is a little fuzzy. Besides that it is great. No burn in,
lines,
> or anything of that nature.
>
> My question is this problem something a Cap Kit would fix? If so, then
how
> difficult are they to install and where can you get them? If a cap kit is
> not recommended, then what else are my options?
>
> I appreciate any help you are willing to provide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Bobby

Thanks for the help. I am pretty good with soldering, so that should not be
too bad. I was also wondering if I could just replace the part I would be
capping? Is this a part that would be swappable from the same monitor?
What is a cap kit? Is that just replacing the capacitors? Can you cause
damage somehow during soldering? Please let me know. I did not find any
good websites on discharging a monitor, so any help there would be
appreciated.

"Centsible" <NOSPAMcentsibl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> A cap kit can help colors, and are not to difficult to do if you are
decent
> at soldiering. If it is your first one, expect to take an hour or so to do
> it. You will need to learn how to discharge a monitor first though. Not a
> difficult thing, and takes about 10 seconds, but must be done correctly
and
> safely. A Google search should bring up a simple lesson on discharging.
>
> The first thing , if you havent done it already is take the glass off the
> front and clean your monitor screen. That will sharpen your colors, and
> remove slight blurriness if your screen is dirty.
>
> We have cap kits available, but you will need to know what kind of monitor
> you have in your machine.
>
> Mike,
> www.CentsibleAmusements.com
>

> "Bobby" <BJoseph522@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I currently have a dedicated Mortal Kombat machine and the color on the
> > monitor is not as "crisp" as my newer machines. The color is not
> horrible,
> > but compared to my newer machines you can see the red is a little dull
and
> > the white is a little fuzzy. Besides that it is great. No burn in,
> lines,
> > or anything of that nature.
> >
> > My question is this problem something a Cap Kit would fix? If so, then
> how
> > difficult are they to install and where can you get them? If a cap kit
is
> > not recommended, then what else are my options?
> >
> > I appreciate any help you are willing to provide.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob

Hi,

Take a Look At Bob's Site. www.therealbobroberts.com. He has a
good article about discharging a tube and installing cap kits. Another
nice trick is to use a Rejuvinator. Between a Cap Kit and a Rejuvinator
I have maybe alot of Tubes that looked dim and lost come back to life.
:) Your Local TV shop has one. If the colors do not look better after
a cap kit and a readjust of the monitor. Stop in and have a talk with
them. Bring the Tube Number with you.
They will be able to Cross reference it to see if they have the Proper
Adapter.

Good Luck

J & R