TECH wg27k7000 trips breaker

I had just shipped a game to Flordia. It has a 27k7000 series monitor
in it. It worked great before it left here. However, the buyer claims
it trips his breaker everytime he turns it on.

He has unplugged the monitor and turned it on and it does not trip the
breaker. I have never had this kind of problem before. How could the
monitor trip the breaker? How can this be resolved?

The monitor was freshly capped recentlt before I installed it and sold
the game.

thanks,
Mark C

The Monitor Board has shifted on the monitor chasie and is causing a
direct short on the AC line.

Have him go into the game with a flash light and take a look at the
board. Also check the Isolation transformer and make sure one on the
contacts is not touching ground. There should be a fuse in the AC line
to the Monitor not just on the Monitor board.

Good Luck

J & R

I have had him look for any loose metal that may have shorted the
chassis, he has not seen any.

I believe the iso is part of the power supply (Peter Chou style),
because neither of us have seen a seperate iso in the game. The fuse
in the power supply is not blown.

At this point, I am inclined to believe the problem is in the chassis.
Any other ideas?

thanks,
Mark C

TRENDING THREADS