TECH: What makes my DK blow monitor fuses?

I've had this donkey kong in my home collection for years and it just
now decided to start blowing the small 300ma fuse. I replaced it and
it blew instantly. Then I recapped the monitor and the same thing.
Is there anywhere I should check or a common componet that shorts
out?

thanks in advance,

Earl

I'd guess that your horizontal output transistor went bad. Replacing
this with a 2SD869, or 2SD870 should suffice. Chances are the flyback
is still ok. I've seen these survive more often than not.

Where's the best place to buy one of those? I'm guessing radio shack
stopped selling them to make room for cell phone chargers.