[SOLVED] Technical Difference between Intel 10900k vs 10900KA aka marvel edition

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
So I want to buy intel 10900k but I can't get that anywhere and 10900ka seems exactly the same but less priced I'm pretty sure there is something amiss with the chip why would they sell it below par ? is there any difference at all if any ? should i buy KA chip instead of K ?

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
Ther
According to cpuworld, there is no 10900ka, and they usually have every type of cpu listed so you can easily compare them.

It's not listed it's the Avengers edition and looks fairly same on paper but i wonder why have they reduced the cost ? With new branding and theme ? There has to be something that intel is not telling us

It's not fake. Where did you get that idea from? It's the EXACT SAME as a K sku, it just happens to come with the Avengers special limited edition packaging. That, is the ONLY difference. And it's cheaper, probably because there is an advertising agreement between them and the Walt Disney company.

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
That's fairly good response guys , I'm planing to buy the KA version since it's cheaper and literally the same specs i hope there's no hidden flaw in it. :) will report back and please if anyone has more knowledge on it then share because i read somewhere that KA version has less boost clock ..eh ..not sure at all !

You'll be fine so long as you are buying through a reputable retailer. If you are not buying through a reputable retailer then it wouldn't matter what model you bought anyhow, because they would ALL stand the same chance of being some fake or faulty piece of crap in the end.