Technical question re. s-video jack

Oh look, it's an actual non-PSP-related question! When's the last you
saw one of those in this NG? =)

Kidding aside, I've got a problem with the s-video audio connectors
(red/white) linking my PS2 to my PAL TV (Loewe, not that it matters).
The (Sony) S-Video cable is split into three plugs: the black for
video, red/white ones for audio.

Trouble is that someone at either the TV or Sony design departments
screwed up (probably a combination of both). The black video plug fits
fine, but the red and white jacks are flush with the case of the TV.

Now, this looks nice if you don't use them, but means that if you try
to plug in the cables (due to the design of the metal connector at the
tips) can only be inserted half-way!
As a result, sticking out the side of the TV, they occasionally jiggle
loose. ARGH!! Thanks Sony!!

*and breathe*

Question: Is there a way to connect the s-video signal to the TV via
the SCART connector? I believe my TV supports S-VHS via SCART, so that
would be a possible solution to get around this problem.

In article <1114510239.445294.26640@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Class 1 wrote:

> Trouble is that someone at either the TV or Sony design departments
> screwed up (probably a combination of both). The black video plug fits
> fine, but the red and white jacks are flush with the case of the TV.

The red and white are just sound. Usually, with this problem, I just get
out the X-acto knife and trim off a ring of the rubber molding so the
connector will push in deeper.

....Sean.

Thanks. I might try trimming the cable a bit.
Meanwhile, as my TV apparently support it, I'm looking for a quality
RGB Scart cable to try as an alternative.