Ted Cruz and his speech(es)(Ing?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riser

Illustrious
Anyone listening to watching? He's really covering some good material, especially right now.

I like how he's going through and talking about our founding fathers and the early times of what Congress and delegations went through for this country. The true sacrifice they made for the betterment of everyone, not an ideology. It directly relates to Congress and the Beltway today, where they're so closed off to what's really happening and not having to feel the pain and pressure.

riser

Illustrious
Ah he was covering the stories of everyone who signed the Declaration and what happened to them after signing. Amazing history, never knew what happened to those guys.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Republicans: We dont like Obamacare, but we also overwhelmingly dont want to get caught up in another government shutdown.

Democrats: You'd be willing to shut down the government because it bothers you so much that we're actually going to make sure that everybody has affordable health care.

Sen. Cruz: LOL, Ill do whatever I want.

riser

Illustrious
Did you know that over 50% of the rules regulating ObamaCare and companies have yet to be written, but it's supposed to be implemented before the rules are even written?
Republicans have presented a CR which currently defunds and/or delays ObamaCare. Democrats are against anything defunding ObamaCare.

Here's the catch. If you just look at the numbers, there is no money there to even get it started, let alone maintain it.

Other reps are bringing in stories emailed to them on how ObamaCare has been hurting them. Reducing hours to 25/hours a week, more part time jobs coming into play. If you look at the job reports, you see an increase in part time jobs that don't qualify for healthcare because of ObamaCare. They actually broke it down and covered it, along with providing the breakdown by CEOs and Directors who are making these decisions and exactly why they're doing it.

riser

Illustrious
Dick Durbin just got owned. He argued that Congress, including Cruz, has the best benefits. Cruz shot back that Durbin is also covered, admitted Congress' healthcare is better than Obamacare, and he supports exempting Congress from Obamacare. Cruz continued that Republican Grassley's amendment that Democrats shot down, was to make Congress use ObamaCare, to remove Congress's exemption, and ultimately make Congress' healthcare equal to that of which they are forcing on the American people.

Durbin had nothing to say after that.

Awesome.

riser

Illustrious
Cruz is a bad ass. He wants the vote on Friday, not on Saturday like Harry Reid wants. Reid wants it on Saturday during football games so less people are aware. Cruz wants it on Friday so more people will have the opportunity to watch.

That's a big reason why he's doing what he's doing.. so America can watch the vote if they want. I'd probably watch football on Saturday too over the vote or be at a game day event.

Can't argue Cruz's point... Smart guy.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I really like the fact that the people are split almost down the middle in approval for universal healthcare.... and Im the shill because I agree with 1 out of every 2 people.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

Silly Oldman I only hang out with the Marxist/fascist/inter-Dimensional lizard/Bilderburg/NWO/UFO/WWE crowd and we all just sit around wringing our hands agreeing on how well Obamacare will destroy the foundations of freedom and liberty in America.

/sarcasm (I feel like I should put that disclaimer in there, like I would hang out with any WWE fans)

riser

Illustrious
I know one person who is for Obamacare. She's unemployed by choice and has pre-existing health issues and she's nearing 70.

Everyone else I know is against it.

The wedding tax is asinine. It's better if people do not get married under ObamaCare. WTF?

It's just unaffordable. There is no way to pay for this thing except on the backs of the working class working 2 part time jobs in order to buy ObamaCare because they can't work 29+ hours a week or get a full time job with bennies.

riser

Illustrious
Quasi-filibuster has failed as expected.

So reading up on left-wingnut sites, I find they're trending "CW2" on twitter and in articles. Apparently this is referring to Civil War 2. A senator came out and said we're on the verge of a political civil war, worse than prior to "CW1."

Given that ObamaCare is still lacking over 50% of their laws/regulations/rules are even written right now, in addition that premiums have been proven to increase with ObamaCare, and additional taxes kicking in with it, I can see why. I'm noting that my taxes and healthcare will increase and yet I will see no benefits from increased taxes while others will.

Being that I'm in Tennessee and working for a small company, there is potential they could be forced into ObamaCare Exchanges. If that's the case, my HR has notified me that my Premiums for ObamaCare (The Affordable health Care Act) will be roughly $16,000 a year! $1,300 A MONTH. Even if my company pays $10k, it's still $500/month for insurance, or rather roughly $230 a paycheck <-- That's 40 hours a week at minimum wage after taxes.

I'd much rather keep my $100/month insurance.

riser

Illustrious
It's a tax. The feds can't put a law in at the Federal level across the board. So they're putting it in at the State level which means they have more flexibility in disbursing money.
Why should I pay $16k for the Silver plan when someone who makes a lot less pays $3k? It's just a tax to redistribute wealth. Plain and simple.

riser

Illustrious

A Democrat waved an AK and AR around in the Senate while holding his finger on the Trigger. A Republican asked him to remove his finger from the trigger and exercise gun safety, something the Democrat apparently new nothing about. So Cruz wants to do the same thing except show how safe they are, not how scary they look.

On Kerry: Is there even an argument here? Kerry was award his medals to get him out of service quickly because of his family (Father I think) which is why is was significant when McCain brought it up about him not leaving because of who his father was. Kerry has been laughed at by all hostile leaning countries. He really was a bad pick.. but it was a political favor appointing him.

Finally, what's wrong with trying to bring business to a state that appreciates and understands the business, over a not so friend Chicago/state? Michigan is trying to recruit Jack Daniels from Tennessee because the taxes are higher on JD here than elsewhere.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/ted-cruz-texas-senate-conspiracy-theories

[/quote]

Agenda 21 is vague by its own standards. Who decides what is sustainable?

Oh god, Rey what happened to you? Did you fall off your bike and hit your head?

The argument.. is it sustainable to have a single family home, or an apartment? Realistically, it is more sustainable to have people in an apartment than an individual home.

He makes some valid points. Extreme, yes, but as our SCOTUS has said, every word in a bill must have a reason for being there and each word must have a meaning.
American values are significantly different than many across the world, especially when viewed at the UN.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Not sure why Rey would had to have fallen off his bike to have the common sense to realize Ted Cruz is a nut. His number one goal while serving in Texas was to stop Agenda 21. Pretty much sums it all up right there.

riser

Illustrious
It's sad that people who actually do what they're elected to do are considered crazy. What about all the other politicians out there?

Reid, Pelosi?! Come on. Those two are messed up. The Dems have far more out there people than the right.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Maybe he knows American history but pure common sense he lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.