Teen Hacker Contracted By Telco Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

LOL, where did the share that wasn't allocated to damages go? :)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I don't understand...

""Despite his guilty pleas, he was not convicted. The teenager was ordered to pay a share of damages caused to hacked machines and to stay away from computers.""

Why was he order to do anything if he was not convicted?!

G

'and his mommy'

Why are you writing like a pre-schooler?

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]OK..OK… you’re not guilty, so pay these people for the damages you’re not responsible for!Am I missing something here?[/citation]
Plea bargain. He admitted to the crime.

bungee91

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Nocsious[/nom]'and his mommy'Why are you writing like a pre-schooler?[/citation]

I wondered the same thing when I read that.

G

When does he get to hook up with short haired Angelina Jolie?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Nocsious[/nom]'and his mommy'Why are you writing like a pre-schooler?[/citation]

Because I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they involved his mother in the first place. At 19 I had a job and was living on my own and my father or mother was not involved in any kind of career move I made.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Just because the conviction was dropped, doesnt mean that he had to settle with the prosucutor.

"Prosocutor: Pay what damages we can prove without a doubt, and take a probationary term, or we prosocute. Then you go to jail for 10 years, and you still pay back what damages we can prove after 10 years of evidence, and then still serve probation. Take your choice.

Owen: Uhmm... Let me think about that one, ok?"

G

LOL, ring-leader of a cyber-cartel at the age of 18, that's like mad crazy gangsta.

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]GreatWalrus[/nom]Oh yeah, let's offer elite hackers a future career. That will set a good example.[/citation]
Utilization of great minds for society is a great idea. They make their money by working, and that's one less person the general populace has to deal with. They are no longer bored.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Because I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they involved his mother in the first place. At 19 I had a job and was living on my own and my father or mother was not involved in any kind of career move I made.[/citation]
So have you met Phoebe Buffay?

[citation]"We found him pleasant to deal with and he genuinely wanted to help New Zealand businesses by sharing experiences," said Mr Mirams. He did not have access to the TelstraClear network.[/citation]
By stealing other countries’ secrete?

G

[citation][nom]ExcessivelyGangsta[/nom]LOL, ring-leader of a cyber-cartel at the age of 18, that's like mad crazy gangsta.[/citation]

It is when you steal $25 million.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]chris13th[/nom]Utilization of great minds for society is a great idea. They make their money by working, and that's one less person the general populace has to deal with. They are no longer bored.[/citation]

Yeah I guess you are right, I apologize for my ignorant comment.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008

I see you are new to Tom's Comments, that is Jane's was of writing and she tends to forget the sarcasm tags. No worries Jane I like it like that. :)

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
25 Million at 18...lucky bastard...well not the getting arrested part and such XD But if your that good and you make a turn around he could really help make advances in computer safety...although that kinda contradicts his previous "career."

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]I see you are new to Tom's Comments, that is Jane's was of writing and she tends to forget the sarcasm tags. No worries Jane I like it like that.[/citation]
If Kevin forgot the sarcasm tag EVERYONE would be all over him!

G

Quote: It is when you steal $25 million.

I was actually being serious, while pretending to be ghetto with my caucasian self.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Without people like him... To help fix things.. things would just get worse.. While 25m may sound like a lot.. How much was he actually taking from each person? A penny, nickel, dime.. a dollar? Ya, its stealing still, but its not the same as taking 100$ or 1000$... From an individual person. Of course thats all realitive.. As a dollar to me might be worth more then a dollar to you..

But either way at least he is now helping fix the problem, instead of staying part of it.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Without people like him... To help fix things.. things would just get worse.. While 25m may sound like a lot.. How much was he actually taking from each person? A penny, nickel, dime.. a dollar? Ya, its stealing still, but its not the same as taking 100$ or 1000$... From an individual person. Of course thats all realitive.. As a dollar to me might be worth more then a dollar to you..But either way at least he is now helping fix the problem, instead of staying part of it.[/citation]

When someone has their bank account compromised like this, they are usually cleaned out and left with zero in checkings and savings, possibly even negative with overdraft. It is not nearly as innocent as pocket change.

Status
Not open for further replies.