'Tekken 7' Arrives June 2, PC Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
So are we to assume this is a Nvidia Sponsored game then since they are only listed in the list. I also noticed Dx11 only check that off for Nvidia check list. Oh well I guess my AMD cards will just brute force it then to get the frame rates...lmao

Jim90

Distinguished
I though this was supposed to be an impartial site!

Tom's please throw some AMD into the mix to balance things correctly - because otherwise - your credibility will plummet. I can't believe ANY developer would deliberately alienate half the potential customer base, and any review site would go along with this - or not spot it!!

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Nice that its coming to PC. I remember the days Tekken used to be a PlayStation exclusive. Now I want Virtua Fighter and Soulcalibur for PC too.

How is it Tom's fault IF the publisher of the game (combined with the studio, often tied to a specific publisher) only lists one brand? Is it Tom's responsibility to correct such an "oversight" by researching, creating a list and then fixing it? Blame the publisher first.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Also, nVidia's made the only GPUs worth buying in recent history anyway. So, you can't blame Tom's for that, either.

dstarr3

Distinguished

A 1060 is only a marginal gain over a 970. You'd probably be just fine. They just specify 1060 because they're partnered with nVidia and that officially makes these required specs sheets a form of marketing, so they're only going to advertise the current cards you can buy today.

The release of the game is still several months off. It's likely that they are just using those particular CPU and GPU combinations as their optimization targets, and haven't definitively determined what the AMD equivalents for the release version of the game will be yet. As such, it's possible they might update the specifications to include that information closer to launch.

Also, it's probably worth pointing out that AMD has never actually held "half" of the PC market with either their CPUs or GPUs, and their usage has slid a bit more in recent years. Looking at Steam's latest hardware survey, just 21% of Steam users currently have an AMD CPU, while the rest have Intel, and Nvidia also has around 2.5 times the number of GPUs in use. Perhaps AMD's numbers will start to climb again if Ryzen turns out good, though it seems unlikely that they'll near Nvidia or Intel's numbers any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS