Telecommuting & Part-time jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

njtech

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
Greetings all. I am an IT support professional who has lost a full time employment due to health issues. After taking the necessary break, but not fully recovering, I've looked into local part time and telecommuting jobs. It seems like the choices are limited and it's difficult to even get an interview. Upwork.com has declined my profile informing me that they already have enough freelancers in this field. I am also considering making a shift in the IT field to where there are more telecommuting options. What would you guys recommend that may be in more demand? (other than programming/DBA/complex web development). I would greatly appreciate any advice/pointers you can give me in such situation.

Solution
My suggestion would be to contact your local employment office/services. Or some similar career center - government or educationally based.

Hopefully there are some such resources available with people who are familar with local employment opportunties: on-site and telecommuting.

Demand is usually only ascernible via "employement ads". You need to read those ads and parse out the specific job skills being sought or required. Many descriptions tend to be overloaded with requirements which often goes against the applicants. Does favor the potential employer as they can pick, choose, and reject based on the requirements listed. Some mix and match as deemed in their own best interest.

What has to be done is that you must convince a...

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion would be to contact your local employment office/services. Or some similar career center - government or educationally based.

Hopefully there are some such resources available with people who are familar with local employment opportunties: on-site and telecommuting.

Demand is usually only ascernible via "employement ads". You need to read those ads and parse out the specific job skills being sought or required. Many descriptions tend to be overloaded with requirements which often goes against the applicants. Does favor the potential employer as they can pick, choose, and reject based on the requirements listed. Some mix and match as deemed in their own best interest.

What has to be done is that you must convince a potential employer that you can do the job all other factors aside.

You have work experience and hopefully some good recommendations as a result.

Overall job hunting is a full time effort nowadays. Get some help and be ready to press on hard.

Avoid any for pay services or training programs. Their goal is your money.....

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
You a are going in the right direction!

And you're replying to a three year old thread.

Ie7ywJG.jpg

Closing.
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.