[SOLVED] Telephone is off when connected to a splitter

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone!
I'm using a TP-Link W9960 Modem Router and it works just fine. I guess the telephone seems not to recognize the splitter or something similar. I'm certain I've connected the cables correctly. How will I be able to use the phone and the internet simultaneously?
Thank you in advance

Solution
Hello everyone!
I'm using a TP-Link W9960 Modem Router and it works just fine. I guess the telephone seems not to recognize the splitter or something similar. I'm certain I've connected the cables correctly. How will I be able to use the phone and the internet simultaneously?
Thank you in advance
i remember when i was 8, i did modify my own splitter for phone because the one that being used by the engineer keeps disconnecting the internet whenever internet is in use, and the phone is 2 (idk why my dad wants 2 phone in a single line).

the sequence is like this:
From the Provider engineer: ADSL source > Phone line box splitted into 2, 1 line connected to main phone (using 1 cable inside the box, so connected in parallel i guess)...
Hello everyone!
Thank you in advance
i remember when i was 8, i did modify my own splitter for phone because the one that being used by the engineer keeps disconnecting the internet whenever internet is in use, and the phone is 2 (idk why my dad wants 2 phone in a single line).

the sequence is like this:
From the Provider engineer: ADSL source > Phone line box splitted into 2, 1 line connected to main phone (using 1 cable inside the box, so connected in parallel i guess), 1 line connected to ADSL Splitter (via the Output Jack) > ADSL Splitter > Modem + Phone.

From me myself: ADSL source > ADSL Splitter > Internet and Phone Cable > Phone cable to Phone line box that has been splitted into 2 (output jack is now input jack, and the inside wiring is stacked, which previously have 1 cable, now got 2, so if 2 phone is used together it would receive the same voice, at it should be).

But if you dont do that, just ADSL to ADSL Splitter, it could be that it's the ADSL Splitter filter problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkaafy
Solution

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
The splitter I'm using is new and should not be faulty.

From me myself: ADSL source > ADSL Splitter > Internet and Phone Cable > Phone cable to Phone line box that has been splitted into 2 (output jack inside wiring is stacked, so if 2 phone is used together it would receive the same voice, at it should be).
We're using just 1 phone. I've done the wiring according to what the manual says which is like this one.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"The splitter I'm using is new and should not be faulty. " Agree: "should not be".

Where was the splitter purchased? Any make or model information on the splitter?

Unfortunately many new things can be faulty. Splitters/filters are made as cheaply as possible.

Likewise for many cables.

Try swapping in another known working splitter and/or using your splitter in another known working ADSL environment.

Determine if the problem follows the new splitter or stays with your environment.

TRENDING THREADS