[SOLVED] Television as Second Display Not Fitting Display Conetents

MaxArk

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
My apologies if this isn't the best place to make this post, but my question involves several different pieces of hardware that may all potenteially have a bearingon my problem.

I have a Gateway Laptop running Windows 8.1. I wish to display the laptop's screen display on my wall mounted Toshiba television. I am doing this through an IO Gear
Wireless 1080p Computer to HD Display Kit . I press [WINDOWS][P] on the keyboard and select "Second Screen Only". The laptop display bvlanks and the image is now on the television.

The problem is, the image doesn't fit on the screen. The image extends slightly beyond the television area. I go into the screen resolution properties, select 2. TOSHIBA-TV and the resolution indicates a recommended "1920x1080". This appears to be the best from the dropdown. If I select any others, the icons are larger, but the display still exisits beyond the television screen edges.

Any suggestions on what I need to bring the display into the visible screen real estate? Or is this the best I can do?

Edit: Also, in this configuration, the sound is coming from my laptop, not the TV.

Last edited: