[SOLVED] Temp issue 3700x

Jun 24, 2020
Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new 3700x. This issue looks related with Microsoft Teams app. Whem I'm in call I'm having 64/65º temp peaks. Monitoring with Ryzen Masters I see that core 7 is always working faster than other cores. I only have opened Chrome, Visual Studio Code, Teams and Ryzen Masters.

Attach an image:
https://ibb.co/dr2Mx1N

Thanks for read :giggle:

Solution
one core will always do a bit more work. it's part of the new features. the mobo identifies the best core on the chip. they do not all perform the same!!

then this core gets the bulk of the single threaded work since it will boost higher and do it faster. so of course that core heats up more but it cools quickly since it is only one core of the total package.

this is all by design and perfectly normal. of course once you start other programs and such, the other cores become active to keep the workflow moving.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
one core will always do a bit more work. it's part of the new features. the mobo identifies the best core on the chip. they do not all perform the same!!

then this core gets the bulk of the single threaded work since it will boost higher and do it faster. so of course that core heats up more but it cools quickly since it is only one core of the total package.

this is all by design and perfectly normal. of course once you start other programs and such, the other cores become active to keep the workflow moving.

Solution
Jun 24, 2020
64/65 temp is fine.

did you do a fresh os install for this system?

Yes it's a fresh Windows 10 install

Then I'm feeling better already. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for your replys, when I'm using it for gaming it's about 65 degreess too so do you think it's a normal temp peaks with only Teams and Chrome running? I'm still using writh prism cooler.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah 60-65 is pretty good temps. i have a better than stock cooler on my 3700x and i see less than 60 while playing a game. the highest i've seen is a prime 95 torture test on all threads taking it to almost 70 degrees which is still really good for a full load.

you're good to go with those temps and not be worried about them :)