Temp Issues in 200R

Spencer_4

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I just built my PC (specs listed below) and I am having some higher than expected temps while playing some games. I have been hitting up to 78 C on my GPU and 53 C on my CPU (not overclocked). I wanted to start overclocking soon but not sure if i should be worried about these temps as a starting point. I installed 3 extra fans to case, a second 120mm intake in the front, 140 mm intake in bottom and 140mm at top for exhaust. Any suggestions on how to run cooler and/or if its a bad idea to over clock at this point?

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 8
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM 140mm Fan

Solution
It's all about airflow, not necessarily how many fans you have, You pull cool air in from the front, and it travels up and across the motherboard, picks up heat, then exhausts out the top and rear. Cables in the way, or a fan blowing the wrong way can disrupt that smooth flow of air.
I would take the bottom 140 and put it the top. I have a very similar setup and I use two intakes at the front, two exhaust in the top and the rear is an exhaust. Orient the CPU cooler and fan so that it blows through the cooler towards the rear fan. My motherboard temps stay at nearly ambient temperature all the time.

It's all about airflow, not necessarily how many fans you have, You pull cool air in from the front, and it travels up and across the motherboard, picks up heat, then exhausts out the top and rear. Cables in the way, or a fan blowing the wrong way can disrupt that smooth flow of air.

Solution