Temp problem? help pleasseee

Korey Lawless

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Hi guys,

yesterday i built my first computer from scratch.

intel i3 4160
gigabyte IF 233 case
8GB ddr3 ram
powercool pcxtreme 650w 80+ silver psu
evga gtx 960 2gb Gddr5

the temp of the Gtx 960 on the newest tomb raider on ultimate setting everything maxed with tressfx @ 1280x720 is peaking at 72C. as this is my first ever gpu i am wondering if this temp is anything to worry about and if not at what temp should i start to worry? and if that is to high is there any way i can make the temp more stable?

This is my first ever dedicated GPU and i am amazed at the results and really happy with the purchase but after seeing the temp i am freaking out.

i wonder if Assassins creed unity runs correctly though? i am getting 53 fps average on maxed settings, should this card get more?

Thanks guys

jakegroves

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
that is a good temperature, install afterburner and control fan speeds via temperatures and set a temp limit or use EVGA's precision, should do same thing. But it is stable nothing to worry about. It is performing okay, but if you want to check if your CPU is bottlenecking you.
start> performance monitor > data collection sets > user defined >(Right click > New > name: "cpu usage" + create manually + next > tick "performance counter" + next > add (find 'processor' expand it, click"% processor time" and click "<all instances>", then click add. Click ok. Next. Choose a directory to save. click finish.
Then run GPU-Z on FurMark and press 'log to file' and choose a place then compare them and you'll see what is letting down your performance your gpu or your processor. but i would guess your processor, should of went with an i5 but it is still a good fps.