Question Temp question for the Ryzen 5 2600

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi so i have recently upgraded my 2400G to a 2600 today and noticed my temps for on idle is 45c also using the Deepcool Gammaxx S40 cooler and i added a good amount of thermal paste when replacing it but i would like to know if the temps for this CPU is normal for it being on idle and also next month i plan on getting an AIO cause i want to overclock this processor as well so any help to let me know if it is normal or not and if i should maybe replace the thermal paste as a just in case?

Any help would be nice because when using the 2400G my idle temps was 35 instead so i don't know if the 2600 just gets a lot hotter.
Idle temps are not important and are very much influenced by ambient (case) temps, 10 - 15c above those temps is quite normal specially if it's not allowed to be in truly idle state which rarely happens. just running a program to track temps will cause one/some cores to speed up and such a program reports highest temperature on such cores, not overall CPU temperature. Such overall CPU temperature is surely at least 10c lower without that program running.
Maximum temperatures and even more average temps under load are much more important.