[SOLVED] temp sensor placement, asus fan bracket

Jul 12, 2020
so abit about specs im building a pc specs below, i got the motherboard today and the corsair commander pro fan controller, the motherboard came with a 40mm fan bracket that goes on the top of the motherboard is it needed or should i install i dont wanna spend $ on a 40mm fan as i dont know if it will fit, also the fan controller has 4 temp sensors where should they be placed and how should they be placed like how to attach it
phanteks p600s
6x noctua nf-a14 pwm chromax black
noctua nh-d15 chromax black
corsair hx850i
intel 10850k
asus tuf z490 plus wifi
asus tuf rtx3080
samsung 970 evo plus 1 tb
2x16 gb corsair vengence lpx 3200mhz ram

Solution
Let's work backwards. You can use a small length of scotch tape to mount the thermal probe to a device's hotspot to monitor temps. You can also leave them alone if you're unsure where to place them.

As for the fan holder, you don't need to use it. In fact, leave the board as is and place the fan bracket inside the motherboard box.

Lutfij

Titan
Let's work backwards. You can use a small length of scotch tape to mount the thermal probe to a device's hotspot to monitor temps. You can also leave them alone if you're unsure where to place them.

As for the fan holder, you don't need to use it. In fact, leave the board as is and place the fan bracket inside the motherboard box.

Reactions: truckerlenny1990
Solution