Question Temp spikes when passing a certain area with stutter ?

May 1, 2023
I've posted about this specific little stutter issue I've had in the past, but that's not the focus of this post. for context, in most games there are some spots where my frames will drop by about 1-2fps and it will create a small jolt, which is variably noticeable at 59 and very noticeable at 58; if I loop back around and pass this spot again, it will stutter without fail

over the course of a month during June, I tried a lot to fix it but I've not been able to; however, I'm not looking for solutions to the stutter. instead, I've noticed that when passing a specific stutter spot in Dark Souls 3, my CPU temp will spike up, specifically the CCD1 temp in HWInfo; my CPU is a 5800x with Eco Mode 65w enabled for now, but the result is the same even with Eco Mode disabled

View: https://imgur.com/y7m31HO

as you can see, the spikes in the CCD1 tab are from me crossing the stutter spot. the stutter in Dark Souls 3 is very negligible but I'm aware of its existence because I remember where it is from MSI Afterburner's frametime graphs; without fail, passing that location will spike the temp into the 60s, which isn't dangerous but it's odd. the clock speeds and voltages don't seem to react, they remain mostly the same. voltage does go from 1.2-1.3v to maybe 1.32-1.35v but that's about it, nothing huge on the graph

any ideas as to why this might happen? I tested some known stutter spots in Destiny 2 and the temps don't spike like they do here when passing through, in fact they hardly react at all. this is the only stutter location I know of in Dark Souls 3, because I haven't played it much on this PC so I've not had a chance to see where it does this as well

forgot to list; RTX 3070, Phanteks Revolt 1000w, Ryzen 7 5800x, Corsair 32gb 3600mhz XMP enabled. ram's been tested numerous times when I was looking at the stutters a month ago, and I've tested games with XMP disabled, so it's not the ram. highly unlikely to be related
How did you test the mem? Memtest86+ is the best bet, to ensure ram is running correctly.

What bios are you running. There is a known stuttering issue in bios with older AGESA code.

May 1, 2023
How did you test the mem? Memtest86+ is the best bet, to ensure ram is running correctly.

What bios are you running. There is a known stuttering issue in bios with older AGESA code.
not memtest86 but countless HCI Memtest cycles with various memory amounts and Windows testing with 0 errors at all; there’s also no other issues to indicate ram. I’m fairly confident it’s not the ram

Bios Version 2806 on my B550-F, if I’m not mistaken that is the 2nd latest Bios; I updated it before which did not resolve the stutter so I rolled back anyway just because