Temperature 1090T @ 4100Mhz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hello. I know the TJ Max is 62C for Phenom

WHat is the temperature that I should care about?

There are 2 values
A) CPU TEMP
B) CORE TEMP

they are about 7C-10C different

I tried with Everest and Hardware monitor

75582826.png

Thanks

1- RAID is one thing, RAM and dual channel is something totally different.
2- 6GB dual channel? that's not possible, more in the configuration that you have installed the RAM. Dual channel needs runs in pairs, same amount of RAM and same specs, so, 4GB + 2GB = 6GB single channel.
3- 1090T, 1055T, 1070T, 965 BE, 955 BE...select the best for your budget. The problem isn't the CPU.
4- Before RMA the CPU, you should RMA the mobo 1st, if that doesn't works continue with the RAM. The last possible problem is the CPU.

Well, I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh. But check out your entire thready. Not once did you say you COULDN'T use dual channel ram... And how is your memory setup, you can't use dual channel for most 12gb kids because most are 3x4gb. Most dual channels are 8gigs (2x4gb) 4gigs (2x2gb).

Also, from the looks of it, you should be able to run dual channel. (8gb XMS3 kit) look at your CPU-Z again, does is say 800 800 or something that both memory speeds are around that speed. If so, you're running dual channel.

BTW, I just said raid is for HDD because the way you worded seemed like you meant, "RAID is like for RAM where it's an even faster setup". I just reread it and understood you meant, is LIKE raid for an HDD twice as fast.

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I spent $180 en MSI Big Banuzion
I have to admit I bought open box

so all the 4 slots work, but if I put A1 + A3, and try to run RAM in Dual Channel mode, then Windows only sees 4GB, the other 4GB are "Hardware Reserved"

This mobo costs $298, so my price to go from this mobo to the new one would be $120

so if you ask me it's not worth it

I can do a RMA for $15 and get a brand new mobo

I had an Asus P7P55D EVO and I had 4GB of RAM

I bought another 4GB, and it didn't worked.

I have to admit in fact there were bent/missing pins (around 4), in the socket of the ASUS

That mobo is in RMA now and I have no idea if they will give me a new one, that mobo I got it for free

Then, I bought Asus Crosshair IV Formula (open box), and Phenom X6 1090T

THE SAME ERROR happened again

if I put ram on A1/A2, it would post, in A3/A4, it wouldn't post

I can certify that there were no broken pins in the CPU (which was brand new)

in fact, AMD has pins in the CPU, so if they are bent, they don't even fit in the socket

My third attempt, I bought a MSI Big Bang Fuzion (open box) from Frys

I bought that mobo because I told the guy I want to spend around $200 or less, so that mobo was the only one they had and it was around that price.

I also thought about Hydra and I wanted to try that

ANYWAY, THE SAME error happened again!

Now, I've tried with 3 motherboards, 2 processors, and 3 different sets of RAM

So, my question was, Dual Channel vs Single Channel, is it 10% faster, 20%, 50%?

If it's 10 or so, or even 20, ok

if it's 80% faster or so, then I need to RMA this board so I can properly use Dual Channel RAM

As you can understand, I don't want to waste more time assembling computers. I want to enjoy my Christmas with my family and overall this is the best mobo I've had this year

The only thing that's not working great is the dual channel, but this mobo is under warranty, so it's not a deal breaker either

I could buy a brand new mobo for around $180, or just return this mobo and wait for my Asus P7P55D EVO to return.

I have no idea if they are going to return it, so if I refund this one, and ASUS rejects my mobo, then I will reject returning this MSI Big Bang

If I don't return the Big Bang, and ASUS sends me a mobo, then I can use that mobo and buy a 655k Unlocked.

I already have diamond thermal paste and a Cooler Maser V8, I would just need 4GB of DDR3 ram and that would be it

can you do a ram test or something with Single Channel and then do one with Dual Channel?

Maybe then we'll discover what's the percentage of improvement

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
lesson learned

but for $100 less, it was worth a shot

what I want to do is buy 2 computers, so if I ever have a problem with a mobo, I can still use the other computer

Right now I want to have two computers with Intel Core i7 875k

and then the next year, around November, upgrade one of the computers to either Bulldozer or the next generation after Sandy, which is supposed to be six cores with Intel

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
let's say I have a virus, I can fix the computer and use the other one

or let's say I sold my mobo and I need to buy a new one, I can use the other computer in the meantime

I always thought having to good computers in the house is really good, you can even network them and have backups of your important files, etc, etc

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
This looks like a VERY nice CPU

I wonder if it will be around $300 or so

the problem is that right now I have an MSI Big Bang Fuzion that I bought for $180 so it was a good price.

And my Asus P7P55D is in RMA now

So, to be honest, if I already have 2 motherboards, I might as well use them

From what I know, Intel recommended their SLI users to stay with their current system, and not jump to Sandy.

Sandy is supposed to be targeted to mid-range. In October 2011 or so I think the successor of Sandy should be released, and I think that one had more PCI Express lanes, or something like that

For some reason I always thought "stick with what you have until October 2011"

Do u know anything about that?

I realize that, as I do that as well, however I don't think you need TWO 875Ks do you? I mean I'd just do one with an 875K then like a budget build with a 955 in it. The 955 actually does all the tasks I need to do fairly well. Photoshop 5, Premiere, etc. etc.

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009

well, I want to be honest

if my RMA is approved, I will have 2 motherboards.

I can still return my motherboard until Friday, but that will mean living without computer for 8 days or so.

So I was thinking, if I would have two computers, I wouldn't be having these issues. This is not the first mobo I have sent to RMA, components fail, and warranty is good here in USA.

But still, you have to go through the process of shipping stuff and waiting.

For example, hard drives, I just asked for an RMA for my Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB. That was an expensive baby that went to RMA.

So, redundancy is good, in computers, two of everything is a good practice, sho why not have two computers?

One can be super nice with water cooling and Lucid Hydra and a GTX 460 + GTS 450 multi-GPU solution with a nice 750 modular watt power supply

The other can be a normal 655k with Cooler Master V8 and a normal Asus P7P55D Evo motherboard. Nothing fancy there

I just don't know what to do with the Asus motherboard if they approve the RMA. I can try to sell it but nobody wants it because it's not the current generation

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009

ok #4 i think needs changed a bit ... i did get a bad 1090t but your right in most cases the cpu isnt the issue in my case i had a 1090t last more or less 2 or 3 days before it died without warning litterally .. i rma ed back to amazon .. by the way one of the best places to purchase from if you didnt know .. sent me one back 2nd day shipping .. before i even sent the first one back.. that was cool as hell any way .. its not unheard of to have a defective cpu albiet very unlikely lol.. i had a crappy run with mine .. what really bugged me was my temps always stayed below 30c at stock full load .. so who knows it was a good proc just crappy luck i did buy a lottery ticket that day .. 1 in like 2,million chances haha shity i suppose .. any way my new one seems even better than the last one .. i had this running at 4ghz max temp 44c using an h50 .. and before you ask ambient temps are like 67 degrees f lol.. and its not even in push pull config just have a 932 ...

TRENDING THREADS