[SOLVED] Temperature and noise

Mar 25, 2020
Greetings , i just made a new Computer and its driving me crazy.
The noise is a bit much and also i noticed that after only 1h playing Assasins creed i had 78-80temperature

1) is it normal for that temperature ? i think after an hour it did reduce my gaming performance :(
so i am thinking of getting a cooler like "Arctic freezer 34 Esports duo red" or if any1 has to suggest something else .

and 2) What can i do about the noise? the thing is that my computer sounds like i am "loading" something every 10 secs (even if im only on facebook)
its does this "loading" sound for like 3-4 secs then calms down a bit for 10secs and then again.

My computer is this

GRAF.CARD----> Asus GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Rog Strix Gaming
MOBO----> Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
CPU----> AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Box
POWER----> Corsair TX-M Series TX650M
FANS----> NZXT Aer P140 140mm
BOX----> NZXT H510 Black Red
RAM----> G.Skill RipjawsV 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
SSD----> Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
M2----> Corsair Force MP510 480GB

Solution
1)Yes, it is normal. The stock cooler was intended to be 'good enough', and nothing more - bar the noise, which is kinda funny, as Ryzen 3000 is also temperature sensitive like Nvidia's last 3 gpu generations.
Great cooler choice! (y)

2)3 alternatives for the spikes:
-Set your own fan curve in the bios. Experiment! See if you can find a 'happy medium'.
If that doesn't prove to be enough, then a new air or liquid cooler is in order.

-Another thing you can do, and a mistake many Ryzen 3000 owners are making, is doing the Intel method and setting a static frequency. This actually comes with a performance penalty though.
But if you never benchmark the static profile VS the auto settings, you'd never notice it.

-Instead of an air cooler...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Yes, it is normal. The stock cooler was intended to be 'good enough', and nothing more - bar the noise, which is kinda funny, as Ryzen 3000 is also temperature sensitive like Nvidia's last 3 gpu generations.
Great cooler choice! (y)

-Set your own fan curve in the bios. Experiment! See if you can find a 'happy medium'.
If that doesn't prove to be enough, then a new air or liquid cooler is in order.

-Another thing you can do, and a mistake many Ryzen 3000 owners are making, is doing the Intel method and setting a static frequency. This actually comes with a performance penalty though.
But if you never benchmark the static profile VS the auto settings, you'd never notice it.

-Instead of an air cooler, perhaps go the liquid cooling route with a 240mm AIO - the spikes won't be as bad, as liquid transfers heat better than air. I'm not saying it'll outperform air cooling though!
The 2 will perform about the same if you were to run a full load on the cpu. It's only with lighter loads that Ryzen 3000 behaves that way.
Liquid cooling also has it's share of downsides: expensive, longevity depends entirely on the pump, and they can leak - very low chance, like less than 10%, but the possibility is still there.

Ryzen 3000 is very 'bursty' in nature and this behavior has caught many off-guard.

Solution
Mar 25, 2020
Great cooler choice! (y)

-Instead of an air cooler, perhaps go the liquid cooling route with a 240mm AIO - the spikes won't be as bad, as liquid transfers heat better than air. I'm not saying it'll outperform air cooling though!
The 2 will perform about the same if you were to run a full load on the cpu. It's only with lighter loads that Ryzen 3000 behaves that way.
Liquid cooling also has it's share of downsides: expensive, longevity depends entirely on the pump, and they can leak - very low chance, like less than 10%, but the possibility is still there.

Ryzen 3000 is very 'bursty' in nature and this behavior has caught many off-guard.
Thank you for your response, i am a bit worried cause hearing it "loading" maks me anxius like smth is bad for the computer. i will try install the new cooler next week and hope the temp goes down a bit as well as the noise.
today i opened it up while performing just to feel it and i can say i think the Grafic card is kinda hot :( but im not an expert i dont know if its too hot feeling or not..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
LOL! These devices are used to much higher temps than we are.
Check gpu temps with either Msi Afterburner or EVGA Precision X.
For the cpu, use Ryzen Master. Other monitoring programs unintentionally 'wake up' sleeping cores making them think there's a task to be done - this will also make temps appear to be a little higher than they would normally.

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Thank you for your response, i am a bit worried cause hearing it "loading" maks me anxius like smth is bad for the computer. i will try install the new cooler next week and hope the temp goes down a bit as well as the noise.
today i opened it up while performing just to feel it and i can say i think the Grafic card is kinda hot :( but im not an expert i dont know if its too hot feeling or not..
gpu temps on max load constant should be fine up to about 80 c any hotter will cause it to slow down but cooler is better i set my 2070 super to a fixed fan curve when above 50 c to run the fans at 45 % and 35 % when doing nothing just because i like the air flow i found that's best with my card but every card is different so takes some testing to work out the perfect speeds/noise levels and since it's not going up and down ramping its not very noticable .
same can be done for the case fans if you want to have them fixed to not be ramping up and down good idea to have them at a fixed curve for constant airflow over all the components inside to remove heat build up.
for my cpu i found that setting it to a custom fan curve that's less intense best and to set it to update less often also safe upto 100 c but never want it that high most im comfortable with is 80 c also but saying that it also depends on the fans your using some like the noctua can be set at very high speeds and still be amazingly quiet :giggle: