Question Temperature fluctuations and buzzing noise ?

Jun 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

First my Specs are -

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
16gb DDR4 hyperx fury 3200mhz
Ryzen MSI B-450 A pro max Motherboard
Corsair CV550 PSU
MSI GTX 1660 Ventus 6gp Graphics Card

The main issue I started was when I turn the PC on, around 5-10 minutes after I would begin to hear a weird whirring/buzzing noise. I tracked this down and figured that it came from the power supply area. This has been going on for an easy 3 months now, and will continue making the noise for as long as the PC is on. I found out around 2 nights ago that the CPU temps seem to fluctuate between 54C - 64C.

HOWEVER, this seems to coincide with the noise coming from the PSU.
For example
  • There is a whirring noise
  • The CPU temps show around 62-64C
  • Temps begin to drop and usually go no lower than 54C
  • Whirring noise happens again
  • Temps shoot straight up to 64C again
This tends to happen around every 3-7 seconds from what i can tell by just listening. I've tried looking up for answers, and so far found nothing. I'm relatively decent with technology - I built the pc myself and troubleshoot a lot of my own problems - But this one has baffled me. The whole issue began around a month after having my PC up and running, and these were all new parts.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
My best guess is that the PSU is faulty and it is sending varying voltages to your components. That possibly makes them run at higher voltages which equates to more heat. I would get another PSU and see if the issues goes away with a different PSU.

Jun 16, 2021
My best guess is that the PSU is faulty and it is sending varying voltages to your components. That possibly makes them run at higher voltages which equates to more heat. I would get another PSU and see if the issues goes away with a different PSU.
My thoughts exactly, just didn't want to go replacing things without a little bit more knowledge first. Appreciate the help!