[SOLVED] Temperature has been rising over time

Blubberykollis

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
Hey!
As the title says.
I have myself an RTX 2080 Ti (Gainward Phoenix)
Along with a Ryzen 7 5800X

I've had this card about since the release of 2080 Ti.
My temperature had been around 70-80 degrees since the beginning.

Then I switched motherboard and CPU (Former 7700K).
I noticed the temperature got slightly higher, to no problem.
After a few months, my GPU started spinning up like crazy every time it hit 82 degrees, lowering it back to 79-80.

It became more and more frequent over the months, so I decided to use MSI afterburner to apply a custom fan curve. That resolved the issue again for a few months.

The issue is now very persistent. It spins up like crazy for a few seconds then it drops and repeats up to 4 times a minute despite having the custom fan curve. My PC is -very- recently cleaned from dust and that didn't solve a single thing.

Is there anything I can do or should do?
It's excessively annoying to have this constant spin up and having it reach such high temperature very frequently (whereas it was extremely seldomly before.)
Everything is also up to date.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Solution
Hey!
As the title says.

After a few months, my GPU started spinning up like crazy every time it hit 82 degrees, lowering it back to 79-80.

It became more and more frequent over the months, so I decided to use MSI afterburner to apply a custom fan curve. That resolved the issue again for a few months.

The issue is now very persistent. It spins up like crazy for a few seconds then it drops and repeats up to 4 times a minute...
Hey!
As the title says.

The issue is now very persistent. It spins up like crazy for a few seconds then it drops and repeats up to 4 times a minute despite having the custom fan curve. My PC is -very- recently cleaned from dust and that didn't solve a single thing.

Is there anything I can do or should do?
It's excessively annoying to have this constant spin up and having it reach such high temperature very frequently (whereas it was extremely seldomly before.)
Everything is also up to date.

Thanks a lot in advance.
You migt want to check the airflow of your case and repaste the thermal paste and replace the thermal pads (or even total clean the gpu heatsinks and heatfins). Gelid GC Extreme is a good paste to use.

Solution