Temperature monitoring programs

jappe66

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
I built this computer for my girlfriend and I've had some problems with cpu temperature. Here is the setup:

Asus F2A55-M LK motherboard
AMD A8-5600k APU
G.Skill 8GB 1333MHz RAM
EVGA GTX550 graphics card
Corsair 430W power supply

Other components are probably irrelevant to this issue. The case is LC-Power's "Gridder".

As cpu cooler I'm using Cooler Master T2 Blizzard.

Right when I first started up the computer the temperatures were fine but as of lately the cpu heats up very much. Yesterday I opened the case and cleaned the dust filter from the front panel so that it won't block the air coming in (it was really dusty) and made sure there was no big cables in front of the airflow through the case.

After sitting idle in bios for 10 minutes the temperatures sat at 37C cpu and 32C motherboard. Now when I booted the OS and opened a game to see how the temperature would go when the PC is in use.

Speccy tells me the temperature ranges from 70C to 80C but I don't think that's true since the computer would have probably shut down already because of the risk of overheating and frying the cpu.

Now I installed Asus AI Suite II and checked from the temperature monitor and it says 52C. That would be acceptable temperature under load, right?

I had to lower the voltage of the cpu to 1,240V since I read that these FM2 socket motherboards have had some issues delivering the correct voltage.

APU is not overclocked! Here is a screenshot from CPU-Z:

2cgivxd.jpg

I'd just like to know for sure that the computer is operating with safe temperature now and no need to do any modifications anymore :p

Thermal paste is Arctic Silver 5. Case is on the floor and room temperature is 20-23C normally.

Thanks for any answers!

jappe66

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012

Core Temp is showing a temperature of 67C. At the same time AI Suite II shows 51C. I don't know which one of these would be the most reliable software...

For my personal computer I use Speccy and Core Temp as well but they show the same temperature +/- 2 degrees.