FactualSheep

Prominent
Aug 1, 2022
Hello everyone.
I had a question about the temperature of my pc when I am gaming. The temperature of my CPU (AMD ryzen 5 5600G) is 70-80°c and it may go over 80°c for 10-20 seconds and then go down again and my GPU (asus geforce rtx 2060 dual-rtx2060-o6g-evo) around 70-80°c is this alright?
PS: It is summer so my room is also hot.

Hello everyone.
I had a question about the temperature of my pc when I am gaming. The temperature of my CPU (AMD ryzen 5 5600G) is 70-80°c and it may go over 80°c for 10-20 seconds and then go down again and my GPU (asus geforce rtx 2060 dual-rtx2060-o6g-evo) around 70-80°c is this alright?
PS: It is summer so my room is also hot.
Hey there,

Sounds about right for stock cooler. What cooler are you running?

GPU is a little on the high side, but within spec, so nothing to worry about. Could be down to some airflow. What case do you have, how many fans?

Ambient temps can play apart for sure. So not surprising temps are higher than might be expected.

FactualSheep

Prominent
Aug 1, 2022
Hey there,

Sounds about right for stock cooler. What cooler are you running?

GPU is a little on the high side, but within spec, so nothing to worry about. Could be down to some airflow. What case do you have, how many fans?

Ambient temps can play apart for sure. So not surprising temps are higher than might be expected.

I have the cooler that AMD had in the box, 3 front fans, 1 rear fan and my case is the Masterbox td500l.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you for your help, but do you know the max themps that my GPU and CPU can handle to not be damaged ?
Cpu: STEADY 90C or more for at least a week, and the part may last 9.75 years instead of 10 years. Spikes do not count.
Gpu: STEADY 83C or more for at least a week, and the part may last 9.75 years instead of 10 years. Spikes do not count.

Some folks forget - ignore(?) that these things have mechanisms in place to protect themselves. If that doesn't work, they shut the system down.

^^ Whilst this is true, these CPU's and GPU's can run at these temps as it's within it's operating parameters, you don't want your system running full pelt with mad temps either., the fans will be running at 100% to stay in spec, and it won't be a pleasant noise. The point being, get a good cooler and your CPU will be thankful. A good cooler will naturally keep your CPU temps about 65-70c max (gaming, not stressing), and by doing so, will allow the CPU to boot to higher speeds, and for longer periods.

A good Noctua air cooler, or straightforward 240 AIO will cool your CPU nicely. You will see a benefit.

Cpu: STEADY 90C or more for at least a week, and the part may last 9.75 years instead of 10 years. Spikes do not count.
Gpu: STEADY 83C or more for at least a week, and the part may last 9.75 years instead of 10 years. Spikes do not count.

Some folks forget - ignore(?) that these things have mechanisms in place to protect themselves. If that doesn't work, they shut the system down.

True, these modern chips can run at high temps. But who wants to hear the fan noise at full tilt!? Not nice.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I get ya, just that with stock cooler, high ambient temps, the temps of OP's CPU are where you'd expect them to be. AMD coolers are pretty decent, but with strong Air and AIO coolers pretty cheap nowadays, OP can tame those temps easily enough.
Aye.
What hurts the downdrafts is that they're fossils from a bygone era. The current trends - TG side panels and open air gpus - have eliminated direct cool air intake for these coolers.
Better to just get a different type of cooler in the long run instead of trying to tweak fan and temperature curves to work with it.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead